The Government of Nepal has endorsed a Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) Strategy for the Health Sector 2080. This strategy is an upgraded version of the Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Strategy for the Health Sector 2066. The revision was carried out to align the strategy with constitutional requirements and to ensure consistency with other health policies and programs.
The GESI strategy of the health sector aims to enhance the health status of all individuals by providing equitable health services, aligning with the goals and objectives of the National Health Policy 2076.
- To maintain coordinative efforts among a three-level government in health service delivery with regard to Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI)
- To align the strategy with rights enshrined in the constitution of Nepal and Nepal’s commitment to Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- To achieve Nepal’s commitment to Sustainable Development Goals 2030 and realize universal health coverage
- To attain the long term goal of ensuring an inclusive state as envisioned by Nepal’s periodic plan
- To enhance trust of excluded groups on the health system by ensuring inclusive, quality and accountable health services delivery
- To mainstream GESI into the health policies, institutional structures and systems of the federal, provincial and local levels of government and other agencies.
- To ensure accountable, protective, distributive, and rehabilitative justice to essential health needs of the target groups
- To mainstream GESI in the policy, strategy, law, plan, program and budget monitoring and evaluation of the health sector at federal, provincial and local levels.
- To enhance equitable access of target groups in health services, internalize GESI into institutional mechanisms to empower target groups to demand their rights to and use basic health services.
- To conduct targeted programs so as to meet the specific health needs of vulnerable and excluded classes (groups) for ensuring their equal access to and utilization of health services.
- Guideline for Medical Treatment of Deprived Citizens (Bipanna Nagarik Ausadi Upachar) Program
- Guiding Principles for Financing Climate and Health Solutions
- National Antimicrobial Treatment Guidelines 2023
- Procedure for Airlift Service to Pregnant and Postpartum Women