DHS eLearning Survey Sampling Training Course – Summer 2023, June 19 – July 28, 2023
The USAID-funded The Demographic and Health Surveys (DHS) Program is searching for potential participants to take part in The DHS eLearning Survey Sampling Training Course – Summer 2023 that will be held online from June 19 to July 28, 2023. The purpose of the course is to equip participants with the knowledge, tools, skills, and abilities to design samples for population surveys, such as DHS surveys.
The training will focus on the use of efficient tools to facilitate much of the sampling work done for probability sample surveys. Although the attention will be directed towards DHS surveys, the acquired skills can also be used for other types of surveys. By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Describe the value and methodologies for sample surveys versus other approaches to collecting information from large-scale populations.
- Determine appropriate sample size and its allocation for nationwide sample surveys or for surveys to be conducted in a program area.
- Identify a proper sampling frame and select primary sample points.
- Update the primary sample points and select households for household surveys.
- Calculate sampling weights based on the given sample design.
Eligibility and Requirements
- All participants should have demonstrable basic statistical knowledge and MS Excel skills.
- All participants must be able to understand and communicate in English.
- Commitment to dedicate 3 to 4 hours every week in order to complete all assignments.
- Prior knowledge of DHS surveys is preferred, but not essential.
- Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
|June 2, 2023:||Online application due|
|June 5-16, 2023:||Selected candidates notified|
|June 19, 2023:||Introduction module begins for selected candidates|
- WHO calls on countries to increase taxes on alcohol and sugary sweetened beverages
- Request for Proposals! NHRC Undergraduate, Graduate and Provincial Research Grant 2080
- Guideline for Medical Treatment of Deprived Citizens (Bipanna Nagarik Ausadi Upachar) Program
- COP28: Summary of the initiatives and financial commitments for climate and health
- COP28 UAE Climate and Health Declaration: Putting Health at the Heart of the Climate Agenda
Thanks for visiting us.
Disclaimer: The resources, documents, guidelines, and information on this blog have been collected from various sources and are intended for informational purposes only. Information published on or through this website and affiliated social media channels does not represent the intention, plan, or strategies of an organization that the initiator is associated with in a professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly indicated.
If you have any complaints, information, or suggestions about the content published on Public Health Update, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.