Clinical Guideline for Physiotherapy treatment in patients with COVID 19 in acute hospital settings
Nepal Physiotherapy Association (NEPTA) has developed “Clinical Guideline for Physiotherapy treatment in patients with COVID 19 in acute hospital settings” referring the international guideline of WHO (World Health Organization) and World Confederation for Physical Therapy(WCPT).
The guideline will provide background knowledge about COVID 19, effective treatment plan and precautions that should be taken by physiotherapists when treating patient with COVID – 19 cases in clinical setting of Nepal.
Scope and purpose
The guideline is intended for physiotherapy interventions for COVID-19 cases in hospital setting. It is developed specifically adopting to the resource level setting of Nepal and it should be taken as a standard for physiotherapy services to be provided for the patients with COVID-19 in wards and in critical care.
- Section A: workforce planning and preparation including screening to determine indications for physiotherapy
Medical management of COVID19
- Section B: Delivery of physiotherapy interventions including both respiratory and mobilization/ rehabilitation as well as PPE requirement
- Further recommendations for Rehabilitation
“Clinical Guideline for Physiotherapy treatment in patients with COVID 19 in acute hospital settings”
- Guidelines for YOGA Practitioners for COVID-19
- National Testing Guidelines for COVID-19
- COVID-19 Cases Isolation Management Guidelines
- Guideline for RDT Test Authorization to Private and Community Hospitals
- MoHP Staff Mobilization Guideline
- Case Investigation and Contact Tracing Team (CICTT) Mobilization Guideline 2077
- COVID19 Resources: Guidelines and Documents- Ministry of Health and Population