Chulabhorn Graduate Institute and ASEAN Foundation Joint Post-graduate Scholarship Programme in Science and Technology
Chulabhorn Graduate Institute – ASEAN Foundation Joint Post-graduate Scholarship Programme in Science and Technology (Academic Year 2021).
The Chulabhorn Graduate Institute (CGI) and the ASEAN Foundation (AF) have entered into an agreement to develop highly qualified human resources in the area of science and technology within ASEAN Member States through the Chulabhorn Graduate Institute – ASEAN Foundation Post-graduate Scholarship Programme in Science and Technology.
The CGI is a multidisciplinary post-graduate academic institute established in 2005, under the initiative of Professor Dr. Her Royal Highness Princess Chulabhorn Mahidol. The aim of CGI is to employ the most recent interactive teaching techniques used in world leading educational and research institutions to train trainees in the programme to be effective thinkers and leaders in their field of expertise, to better serve their countries’ needs towards sustainable development. The CGI is presently offering programmes leading to Master’s and Doctoral Degree in Applied Biological Sciences: Environmental Health, Environmental Toxicology, and Chemical Science.
The ASEAN Foundation is an organization from and for the people of ASEAN. Three decades after ASEAN was established, the ASEAN Leaders recognised that there remained inadequate shared prosperity, ASEAN awareness, and contact among the people of ASEAN. It was of this concern that the ASEAN Leaders established the ASEAN Foundation during the ASEAN’s 30th Anniversary Commemorative Summit in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, on 15 December 1997. The ASEAN Foundation exists because of one vision: to build a cohesive and prosperous ASEAN Community. As an ASEAN’s body, the ASEAN Foundation is tasked to support ASEAN mainly in promoting awareness, identity, interaction, and development of the people of ASEAN.
This year, ten (10) scholarships are available for ASEAN nationals (except Thai citizen) who are interested to pursue a Master’s Degree at the CGI. Selection of successful applicants will be based on merit.
Scholarships are open to bonafide ASEAN nationals (except Thai citizen) who meet the following qualifications:
- Under 30 years of age
- Hold a Bachelor Degree with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75 in one of the following fields:
- Sciences: Chemistry, Biology, Biological Sciences, Molecular Biology, Environmental Sciences
- Medical Sciences: Medicine, Medical Technology
- Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Sciences
Applicants from other related fields are also welcome to apply.
- Have experience in scientific laboratory research
- Must have demonstrated English proficiency, preferably on one of two recognised tests of language proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS)
- Must provide a statement of purpose explaining their interests in the study
Field of Study
- Applied Biological Sciences: Environmental Health
- Environmental Toxicology
- Chemical Sciences
The scholarship will cover tuition and other academic fees (credit fee, laboratory expenses, refresher course, enrollment fee, thesis fee, production of thesis documents), round trip airfare, visa fee, first settlement allowance, relocation allowance, accommodation, monthly stipend, book allowance, health insurance, and others.
The scholarship award will cover six (6) weeks refresher courses and follow by a period of two (2) years Master’s Degree study, subject to an annual review of the scholar’s satisfactory progress.
Refresher Courses will tentatively commence in June 2021 while the academic programme will commence in August 2021.
Applicants should complete the Chulabhorn Graduate Institute – the ASEAN Foundation Post-graduate Scholarship Programme’s application form and submit together with other supporting documents through the following channel:
- Send via e-mail the scan file of the application form and all the supporting document to: The Chulabhorn Graduate Institute (CGI Scholarship Programme) 906 Kamphangphet 6 Road, Laksi, Bangkok 10210 THAILAND
- After step (1) send all the original documents via postal services to the address as stated in (1).
No consideration will be given to application with incomplete supporting documents.
Following documents must be submitted together with application form:
- Full Academic Transcript
- Three Recommendation Letters
- Statement of Purpose explaining interest of study
- Medical History Report
- Other supporting documents to facilitate application screening
- Applications for the CGI-AF Scholarship Programme is due on 30 October 2020.
Notification of the Award
- Successful applicants will be notified of the outcome by the CGI around February 2021.
For more information, please contact
Name: The Chulabhorn Graduate Institute
Address: The Chulabhorn Graduate Institute 906 Kamphaengphet 6 Road, Talat Bang Khen, Laksi, Bangkok 10210 THAILAND
Tel Number: (66 2) 554-1900 ext. 2130, 2138
Fax Number: (66 2) 554-1991
Name: The ASEAN Foundation
Address: Jl. Sam Ratulangi No.2, Menteng,Jakarta – 10350 INDONESIA
Tel Number: (62 21) 3192-4828 / 3192- 4833
Fax Number: (62 21) 3192-6078
- List of funding agencies and scholarships to study at KIT
- Master Programmes at KIT Royal Tropical Institute and Scholarships
- Orange Knowledge Scholarships Programme 2020
- Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp Scholarships
- Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp Short Courses 2020
- Chulabhorn Graduate Institute and ASEAN Foundation Joint Post-graduate Scholarship Programme in Science and Technology