SD Gupta School of Public Health, IIHMR University, Jaipur, India is pleased to announce the Call for Applications for the award of TDR Postgraduate Training Scholarships for a two-year Master of Public Health (MPH) postgraduate program with specialization in Implementation Science, for the Academic session 2022-24, beginning in October 2022.
This full scholarship is supported by TDR, the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases, based at the World Health Organization in Geneva, Switzerland (https://tdr.who.int/). Candidates and residents in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) of WHO South-East Asia and Eastern Mediterranean regions are eligible to apply.
The training will specifically focus on subjects and courses relevant to implementation science. Implementation science is a growing field that supports the identification of health system bottlenecks and approaches to address them and is particularly useful in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) where many health interventions do not reach those who could benefit from them. The goal of this scheme is to enhance graduate training capacity and augment the number and quality of researchers in LMICs. The TDR Postgraduate Training Scheme has a focus on implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty, including neglected tropical diseases, malaria, tuberculosis and COVID-19. Further information on implementation research is available at https://tdr.who.int/home/our-work/strengthening-research-capacity/implementation-research-trainingmaterials.
Study Areas for Scholarship
Scholarships will be offered for academic session 2022-24, for a two-year MPH Program with specialization in Implementation Science. This will be a full-time program to promote problem-based experiential learning. Ideally, the scholarship recipients will be offered on-campus teaching and their thesis project on implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty, including neglected tropical diseases, malaria, tuberculosis and COVID-19, will be undertaken in recipients’ respective home countries. However, if the current COVID-19 pandemic related confinement and/or travel restrictions continue, the course will be delivered through an online platform. The Master’s Program will be taught in English. Recipients will be enrolled as postgraduate students. The fellows will be required to register on the TDR Global platform (https://tdr.who.int/activities/tdr-global) designed to provide networking opportunities for all TDR alumni and stakeholders.
Eligibility for Scholarship
The applicant should:
- Be nationals of and residents in low-and middle income countries (as defined by the World Bank) of WHO South East Asia or Eastern Mediterranean regions;
- Be under age 35 at the time of application for the Master’s programme;
- Have Bachelor and/or Masters degree(s) in Health Sciences (Medicine, Nursing, Midwifery, including allied
- Health Sciences) or in Social Sciences (Anthropology, Public Health, Food and Nutrition, Sociology, Psychology or any other Social Sciences Discipline);
- Have excellent academic track records with GPA 3.0 or above;
- Have proficiency in oral and written English and basic Mathematics;
- Have basic computer skills including Microsoft Office and Data Analysis Software;
The applicant is expected to:
- Meet the University requirements for international postgraduate students
- Submit a statement of purpose and letter of recommendation from current or previous supervisor;
- Be interested in developing a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty;
- Submit a No Objection Certificate from department / employer and documented permission to obtain study leave from employment (if applicable) before commencement of programme; and
- Agree to meet health requirements in line with the regulations of Government of India and IIHMR University.
The TDR scholarship covers:
- Economy airfare between the home country of the student and India;
- Tuition and academic fees;
- Basic medical and accident insurance;
- Boarding and lodging for the duration of stay at IIHMR campus (On campus in-residence will be compulsory)
- IT lab and on campus Wi-Fi facilities; and
- Support for thesis project expenses during data collection.
- Note: Those candidates not having their TOEFL / IELTS scores can submit the same by 20 June 2022.
Applying for MPH (IS) Program at IIHMR University
Candidates should submit their application online at IIHMR University portal. Complete details of the IIHMR MPH (IS) program, admission process and registration for application is available at IIHMR university website : https://iihmr.edu.in/admissionsopen
To apply for the program, you must complete the following two steps:
Step 1. Register and Create Login Credentials on IIHMR University Website
Please log in or sign up at https://iihmr.edu.in/admissionsopen and choose Master of Public Health under Discipline and click on “Master of Public Health (Implementation Science)” under “Select Program” drop down . To apply, the candidates will be required to click the link APPLY NOW, and create log in credentials
Step 2. Complete and Submit the Application form online
Please fill the application form and upload required documents. Submit the completed form online.
Only completed forms accompanied with required documents will be processed further. Shortlisted applications will only be contacted for further assessment through interview. Final selection of candidates will be done in conjunction with TDR, considering gender and geographic representation of candidates from the regions. Selected candidates will receive a letter of offer from IIHMR University. Candidates will need to confirm the acceptance within 7 days after the notification. IIHMR University reserves the right to refuse admission or end attribution of scholarship if any of the information provided by the candidate is proven false.
Application deadline: 10 June 2022 Last date for submission of complete applications
For more information on the scheme at SDG SPH, IIHMR University, please contact:
Program Coordinator, Master of Public Health (Implementation Science) Program, SD Gupta School of Public Health
IIHMR University, 1, Prabhu Dayal Marg, Near Sanganer Airport, Jaipur – 302 029, Rajasthan , India.
Dean In-charge SD Gupta School of Public Health, IIHMR University, Prabhu Dayal Marg, Near Sanganer
Airport, Jaipur – 302 029, Rajasthan , India, Phone: 91-141-3924700 , Fax: 91-141-3924738
For guidance and support with regard to application process and filling of admission forms : email@example.com, For all other queries related to MPH (IS) program : firstname.lastname@example.org