National NCD Risk Factor Survey (WHO-STEP Survey) 2019,Nepal
The national noncommunicable disease (NCD) risk factor survey (WHO-STEP survey) in Nepal was carried out from February to May 2019. It was a population-based household survey of adults aged 15-69 years. A multistage cluster sample design was used to produce representative data for that age range in Nepal. A total of 5593 adults participated in the survey. The overall response rate was 86.4%. A repeat survey is planned for 2024.
The survey collected data on socio-demographic characteristics and on four major behavioral risk factors (tobacco, alcohol, diet, physical activity) and four physiological risk factors (overweight/obesity, raised blood pressure, raised blood sugar and cholesterol levels). This fact sheet summarizes the main tobacco indicators related to consumption patterns and tobacco policy. Data from periodic STEPS surveys can facilitate evaluation of existing tobacco-control policies and programs and track change over time.
- Awards for outstanding contributions to public health presented during the Seventy-sixth World Health Assembly
- DHS eLearning Survey Sampling Training Course 2023
- Embracing the Unknown: A Journey of Qualitative Research Among the Chepang Community
- WHO urges governments to stop subsidizing life-threatening tobacco crops
- The Global Health Network seminar on ”Building Research Capacity through Health Research Networking”
Thanks for visiting us.
Disclaimer: The resources, documents, guidelines, and information on this blog have been collected from various sources and are intended for informational purposes only. Information published on or through this website and affiliated social media channels does not represent the intention, plan, or strategies of an organization that the initiator associated with in professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly indicated.
If you have any complaints, information, or suggestions about the content published on Public Health Update, please feel free to contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.