Indonesia’s Statement on Digital Health during the AeHIN General Meeting, 2023
Gathered in Jakarta from 6 to 9 November 2023 for the AeHIN General Meeting 2023, co-hosted by the Ministry of Health of the Republic Indonesia (Ministry of Health of the Republic of Indonesia) , BPJS Kesehatan (BPJS Kesehatan), and AeHIN (Asia eHealth Information Network ), leaders, actors, and experts from diverse sectors convened to focus on digital health.
Drawing inspiration from nations’ experiences and needs, the event facilitated partnerships, networking, and knowledge exchange among attendees, including development partners, implementing agencies, academia, and communities.
With a shared vision for improving health outcomes, participants acknowledged the transformative power of digital health in enhancing sustainable development goals and health outcomes at both national and sub-national levels.
We hereby declare that:
- We recognize the importance of increasing investments in digital health infrastructure and technologies, ensuring the accessibility and affordability of quality healthcare services for all, thus advancing towards universal health coverage.
- We encourage development of digital competencies framework to strengthen the health workforce including emerging technologies like ethical and responsible artificial intelligence.
- We recognize the significance of health data governance to ensure the secure, ethical, and efficient management of health and health-related data, fostering trust and integrity of personal data protection within the healthcare ecosystem.
- We emphasize the importance of collaboration across diverse sectors and aligning with government visions and for donors to support these initiatives to amplify our impact, driving positive change and sustainable health system development.
- We acknowledge the necessity of standardized practices and interoperable systems within digital health to ensure interoperability and promote the efficient exchange of information for improved patient care.
- We affirm active engagement with regional digital health networks and communities of practice for fostering coordination, cooperation, collaboration, convergence, and coherence.
- We encourage countries to set up sandboxes to strike the balance of innovation and regulation.
In closing, the Ministry of Health of the Republic Indonesia, BPJS Kesehatan, and AeHIN extend heartfelt gratitude to all delegates and to supporting partners for convening at the AeHIN General Meeting 2023. #AeHIN2023
Jakarta, November 8, 2023
- Asia Pacific Forum on Sustainable Development (APFSD) Youth Forum 2024
- Nepal Health Facts Sheet 2023
- Progress of Health and Population Sector 2022/23 (2079/80 BS)
- National Antimicrobial Treatment Guidelines 2023
- Cervical Cancer Elimination Day of Action 2023: Marking the Third Year of the Cervical Cancer Elimination Effort