WASH Officer- Tuki Association Sunkoshi
Tuki Association Sunkoshi is a non-governmental organization (NGO) working rigorously with different development partners in Sindhupalchok district. It has been working in the district since 25 years in the field of Education, Health & nutrition, protection, DRR, Reconstruction, Livelihood, SHUSASAN, protection and Infrastructure Development in collaboration with different partner organizations.
It has been implementing DRR,Livelihood and Education programs coordinating and co- partnering with HELP – HilfeZurSelbsthilfee.V..Now Tuki is implementing WASH program under “Enhancing the resilience of earthquake affected population of Thulosirubari VDC, SindhupalchowkDistrict,through assistance in Reconstruction, WASH and Livelihood recovery” project. At present, this project needs qualified and experienced Nepali Citizen for the following position:
Position: WASH Officer
Required number: One
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION
- Bachelor’s Degree in health related discipline, public health preferred
- Minimum 2 years work experience in the WASH promotion, work experience of 3 years preferred with one year experience in development projects.
- Should have good interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge on PRA tools,conducting KAP surveys, HH surveys
- Experience in working with WSUCs, schools and SMCs
- Knowledge of physical, chemical and microbiological testing of water will also be an asset
- Flexibility, resourcefulness and good communication skills
- Good computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Publisher).
- Having good ability to facilitate trainings and workshops for staffs, artisan and community members
- Willing to work in humanitarian program and to travel to remote & difficult areas
WASH officer’s job purpose in the targeted project locations is to conduct hygiene related activities in communities and schools through community facilitators. S/he will manage, organize, conduct, facilitate and will lead trainings, meetings and events of WASH.
- Post holder reports to:Team Leader of Tuki Association Sunkoshi/Help e. V project.
- Key responsibilities in Program Implementation
- Plan, implement and follow-up of hygiene promotional activities in communities and schools
- Conduct need assessments and interviews
- Ensure and prepare reports of assessments, KAP surveys and HH surveys
- Consolidation of data on beneficiaries
- Facilitate in formation of different groups like WSUCs, child club, women’s group etc.
- Train and mobilize IGG groups, child clubs, women’s group, health workers, teachers and students for hygiene promotional activities.
- Conduct FGDs
- Ensure community mobilization in all field related to water, sanitation and hygiene
- Support project staffs to organize and conduct meetings, mass meetings etc.
- Coordinate with related stakeholders for local level hygiene activities
- Prepare reports, case studies, photo stories etc.
- Monitor and supervise Community facilitators to conduct hygiene activities, meetings and events.
- Provide information and reportsto the donor agency as per request
- Ensure flow of relevant information to the donor agency and project teams as required and appropriateness
- Work with SMCs, WSUCs, government stakeholders and other related stakeholders.
- Regularly coordinate with project staffs, Help e.V. staffs and government authorities such as Ward municipality, municipality, WSSDO, DCC and relevant departments.
- Participate in relevant meetings with the local and district authorities, cluster meetings or other relevant technical groups at field level
- Plan, organize, supervise and evaluate the distribution of WASH materials(except construction materials) and ensure that the targeted beneficiaries are benefitted.
- Ensure inclusion ofpeople of all backgrounds, people living with disability in hygiene promotion activities
- Ensure environment protection during implementation and development of Hygiene promotion activities, and ensure that activities take into account the needs of specific groups and individuals, especially children, the elderly and disabled
- Ensure child protection
- Systematically assess the quality of work and its impact, whether completed or not, and if necessary request Team Leader to make changes to ensure that quality standards (national,Tuki, HELP and Sphere in humanitarian contexts) are met.
- Ensure project documentation of each activities
- Ensure key commitments with communities are achievable and respected
- Prepare and support Team Leader on regular reports
Applications are invited from Nepali citizen and needed to apply with cover letter and updated CV by 11th March, 2018 via email in [email protected] Due to the urgency of the project, selection process may start before the deadline therefore, we encourage applicant to apply as soon as possible.
Only the short listed candidates will be invited for written test and/or an interview.