WASH Engineer (for WASH project) – Gramin Mahila Srijansil Pariwar
Gramin Mahila Srijanshil Pariwar (GMSP) is a community based nonprofit and non government organization, located in Sindhupalchok district. GMSP, with the support and collaboration of The Johanniter International Assistance, is implementing WASH Project to provide access to safe drinking water and promote hygiene and sanitation to the project communities.The organization is seeking for a qualified candidate to fulfil the following vacant position to implement the same project.
Designation:WASH Engineer (for WASH project)
Required No: 1 (one)
Location: Sindhupalchok District
Duty station: Field Office based
Report to: Program Manager/ Executive Director
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
WASH Engineer will be in charge of all technical activities related to the Gravity water supply schemeand construction related to WASH i.e, latrine, school taps and ensure the efficient and smooth implementation of the WASH activities in the project area. Moreover, the WASH engineer will be responsible for:
- Developing a realistic, prioritized, results-based work plan project activities implementation, coordination, supervision, tracking and quality assurance.
- Effectively managing daily program, including planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluating, and reporting.
- Troubleshoot challenges which arise in project cycle management.
- Conduct routine program reviews to ensure successful implementation.
- Provide direct technical support and capacity to project staff to design, estimation, implementation and developing strategic directions.
- Developing lessons learned from ongoing WASH programming and implementation experiences.
- Implement effectively and within time and budget WASH program as per the project proposals and project requirements.
- Review BOQs and technical specifications for the water supply scheme and construction related to WASH.
- Ensure that accurate and detailed records of project matters are formulated and kept.
- Conduct site assessments and surveys.
- Ensure as far as possible the security of the project, of staff, and of equipment.
- Provide on-site technical assistance to the project staff and beneficiaries during the process of
- Quality control of WASH materials purchased
- Carry out other related tasks as directed by the GMSPmanagement.
- Representing GMSP at relevant thematic technical working groups, e.g. District WASH Cluster, District Drinking water and sanitation office etc.
- Collaborating and coordinating with local government, community leaders and other sectors and agencies working locally with as well as maintaining good relationships and contacts.
- Developing and submitting reports as required on project initiation, progress, closeout and/or any alternative compliance reports necessary for projects.
- Developing and submitting update reporting as required by GMSP management
Qualifications, Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering field (Civil, Environmental, Water or Public Health Engineering) relevant to WASH projects
- More than two (2) years’ experiences in water and sanitation projects with NGO
- Good understanding of Nepal’s WASH structure and system
- Good knowledge on Nepali and English language.
- Knowledge of participatory approaches and community sensitization and mobilization.
- Strong organizational & supervisory skills.
- Ability to work within a team structure or independently
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within different cultural & stressful environments
- Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving.
- Have excellent commanding on technical drawings and software.
- Eager to carry other responsibility as per the need of organization apart from the written JD.
Salary and benefits for all the above position are as per organization rule.
Interested candidate can submit their application directly at GMSP office (Sunkoshi Rural municipality-7, Sindhupalchok) or send us an email stating the position you want to apply on the subject line on [email protected] including cover letter and updated CV by 23rd April 2018.
Only short-listed candidate will be called for the further selection process(es).
GMSP is an equal opportunity provider; we do encourage applying by the women, dallits and marginalized people and People with disabilities.