UN Volunteer Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey (MICS) Coordinator with UNICEF Nepal
The fundamental mission of UNICEF is to promote the rights of every child, everywhere, in everything the organization does — in programs, in advocacy and in operations. The equity strategy, emphasizing the most disadvantaged and excluded children and families, translates this commitment to children’s rights into action. For UNICEF, equity means that all children have an opportunity to survive, develop and reach their full potential, without discrimination, bias or favouritism.
Beginning in 2019, UNICEF will support the sixth round of MICS surveys (MICS6) in Nepal. The 2019 MICS survey in Nepal will be implemented by the Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS), with the support and technical assistance from UNICEF. UNICEF Nepal is recruiting a national UN volunteer (UNV) for the role of the MICS coordinator to ensure that the implementation of the MICS6 survey runs smoothly, specific deadlines are met and that technical assistance is provided to the country office (CO), Steering Committee (SC) and partners to produce statistically sound and reliable data.
Education – Additional Comments: Master degree in Social Sciences, Demography, Statistics, Epidemiology or any other related technical field is required.
- At least five years of professional experience in surveys and data collection work including experience in implementing or managing a large-scale quantitative survey data collection;
- Strong computer skills and strong expertise in statistical analyses (familiarity with data processing and data analysis software, particularly SPSS);
- Training experience and ability to organise and facilitate training and presentations;
- Experience in data analysis and survey report writing;
- Experience with CAPI data collection is an asset;
READ MORE DETAILS & APPLY: https://vmam.unv.org
If you are not registered in the UNV Talent Pool then;
- Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
- Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypageand click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
If you are already registered in the UNV Talent Pool then,
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
This is National UN Volunteer position. So, only Nepali nationals are eligible to apply.
Application deadline: 20th July 2018.