Transcultural Psychosocial Organization Nepal (TPO Nepal) is one of Nepal’s leading organizations in the field. It was established in 2005 with the aim of promoting psychosocial well-being and mental health of people in conflict affected and other vulnerable communities through the development of sustainable, culturally-appropriate, and community-based psychosocial support systems.
Currently, the organization is implementing a project “Sensing Technology to Personalize Adolescent Maternal Depression Treatment in Low Resource Settings (StandStrong)” funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. StandStrong is a mobile technology research study with adolescent mothers in Chitwan, Nepal.
TPO Nepal is seeking competent, committed and result oriented candidates for the following positions.
Position: Research Coordinator
Location: Chitwan District (Full time)
Time: August 15, 2018-August 14, 2019
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise research activities including recruitment of study participants, trainings of RAs, coordination of consent during assessments, meetings with participants and family members.
- Supervising data collection, storage, and management of data collected using mobile technology.
- Proactively seek amendments to improve project activities Work closely with the TPO Nepal regional field coordinator and clinical supervisors to assure that the research activities run as planned.
- Coordinate clinical activities with government-employed auxiliary nurse midwives and coordinate supervision of midwives by TPO Nepal clinical supervisor.
- Provide financial accounting of implementation activities to the TPO Nepal finance manager.
- Planning and supervision of research assistants’ daily activities
- Close coordination with field clinical supervisors for managing flow of participants using the mobile technology while receiving counseling services.
- Assure ethical compliance with the Nepal Health Research Council and programmatic compliance with the Social Welfare Council.
- Coordinate research activities with GOs, NGOs, and other stakeholders in the implementation sites
- Regular field visits with Research Assistants to ensure the quality of data collection
- Participate in data analysis, academic publication writing, and conference presentations
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s pass in field of public health, psychology, population health, anthropology, epidemiology, global health, or related field
- At least two years of research experience in the community setting
- Previous experience in managing research assistants
- Technologically adept. Experience working with mobile health, digital technology, or electronic-health data collection or interventions is preferred
- Willing to work in multicultural environment
- Flexible to work beyond office hours when required
- Willingness to travel to remote areas in Chitwan district
- Good command on both written and spoken English and Nepali languages
- Able to mobilize in the field actively by driving scooter, motorbike, or other vehicles
- Knowledge and previous work experience in mental health is preferred
Interested candidates are requested to submit resume, letter of interest disclosing expected salary at [email protected] no later than August 12, 2018.
Official Announcement: TPO Nepal