Technical Director- FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Technical Directorfor an anticipatedUSAID Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (CEP-NTD), Sub-element 2A-Asia.
This individual will be responsible for providing technical leadership of the program and supporting the ProgramDirector with his/her responsibilities.
The recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360 and final USAID approval of the candidate.
The Technical Director must have the following experience and qualifications:
- A degree in medicine or PhD, preferably with a specialization in NTDs;
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience working on international projects related to NTDs,preferably with one or more of the following: LF, trachoma, onchocerciasis, schistosomiasis and/or soil-transmitted helminths;
- At least five years of senior level experience providing technical support to developing countries on NTDs;
- Demonstrated experience working in global or regional consensus building or normative guidance setting initiatives or working groups on one or more NTD;
- A least five years in management of public health programming involved in the introduction and scale up of technical interventions;
- Proven skill in working with senior‐level representatives of developing country governments, international organizations, other bilateral donor and civil society organizations, and private sector organizations;
- Demonstrated management, leadership, decision‐making, and interpersonal skills; and
- Full professional proficiency in English, with excellent oral and written communications skills.
REPORTS TO: Program Director