Outreach Coordinator- Sunaulo Parivar Nepal (SPN)
Sunaulo Parivar Nepal (SPN) is a well‐established NGO delivering Family Planning and Sexual Reproductive Health services through‐ out the country via centres, mobile outreach teams to remote areas and social marketing. It works in partnership with Marie Stopes International UK (MSI), a global social business providing reproductive health services across the world with a mission of ensuring individual’s fundamental right to have children by choice not chance.
We are looking for people who want to embrace new ways of working, use their initiative, take on multiple tasks, be a team player, and deliver solid financial results to ensure we can expand our services to more men and women in Nepal.
Kindly send your cover letter and resume in [email protected]
The Outreach Project has been funded to develop and provide family planning information and services to remote areas of Nepal. Currently the outreach project has up to 8 dedicated outreach teams who focus on Comprehensive VSC Camp (sterilisation) in prioritised districts of Nepal to provide permanent family planning methods to those in need.
Reporting to: Senior outreach Manager
Term: Annual, renewable based on performance
Required Number: 8
Purpose of Role:
- The Outreach Coordinator will assist the Senior Outreach Manager in the development, delivery and evaluation of the Outreach Project.
Successful development, implementation of the outreach project in line with the values of SPN and knowledge and access to SRH information and services:
- Assist in delivery of the outreach project, including finance and programmatic operations; coordinate planning and budgeting of projects’ activities; ensure project reports meet the required donor and national standards and are delivered according to plans
- Assist in developing and managing outreach teams to deliver outreach services in an efficient and effective way.
- Manage all field logistics for outreach project activities including preplanning, set up, delivery and evaluation/set up in line with regulations
- Daily/weekly follow up of outreach teams to ensure outreach delivery is on track.
- Produce weekly and monthly reports and submit to Channel Lead/Sr. Operation Manager for approval.
- Ensure the all outreach data are validated on monthly basis.
- Coordinate for relevant regular meetings relating to the project and other stakeholders as necessary. For Example DPAC, RHCC and DHO/DPHO meetings.
- Support in project implementation for effective inclusion of vulnerable groups including youths, ethnic minorities in Outreach channel.
- Support RME team in conducting Mystery Client Survey, Client Exit Interviews and other research undertakings related to Outreach Channel on time.
- Timely collect the expenditure report of all channel of outreach and support to finance for revision and clearance.
- Coordinate with Marketing department to conduct the marketing activities as planned.
- Coordinate with Marketing department for print production of necessary marketing items and ensure its timely delivery to Outreach
- Coordinate with MDT in undertaking of quality assurance activities related to channel e.g. continuous supportive supervision, internal Audit and external QTA
- Ensure the MoU with referral hospitals and Ambulances.
- Any other duties as directed by the Senior Operation Manager or Senior Executive
- Research work as required by SPN for the improvement of services.
- Be responsible to outreach management/outreach team and cooperate with the technical staff.
- May be required to assess the performance of technical staff at the Outreach.
- Must go to field to conduct FP/RH camps as per the requirement of organization.
- Any other related works advised management.
- Must be able to travel to the site to conduct outreach or to fulfil staff gap as and when required.
- Must be responsible for reporting and recording.
Skills and Experience
- ANM or proficiency certificate level in Nursing.
At least 2 years’ experience in:
- Working with directly in client care which includes counselling, delivery of implants and, IUD
- Involvement in delivering family planning services outside of centres
- Handling stock/other administration duties
- Involvement in reporting i.e. petty cash vouchers / collecting client data
- A good understanding of the issues of women’s reproductive services and rights
- Experience in coordination working with women groups/ client mobilization
- Good understanding of written and spoken Nepali and English
- Basic computer skills including excel and word, interest to develop to advanced level
- Multi-tasking and ability to meet deadlines
- Good time management
- Ability to listen, motivated to learn and wanting to continually improve
- High quality customer service (outreach teams are your customers)
- Able to work under pressure and with minimum supervision
- Empathetic to men and women seeking SRH services in outreach
Suitable candidates meeting the above criteria are requested to send their CV and covering letter to [email protected] by April 16, 2018, 5:00 PM. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for further selection process.