Store Associate- Possible
Operations & Procurement – Dolakha, State 3
Applications are being accepted from the Nepali Candidates.
The organization: Possible
Possible is a nonprofit healthcare company that delivers high-quality, low-cost healthcare to the world’s poor. We are pioneering a new approach, called durable healthcare that brings together the best of private, public, and philanthropic models. Since 2008, Possible has treated over 380,000 patients in rural Nepal through government hospitals, clinics, community health workers, and a referral network.
Learn more about our culture and work in this feature from First Round Capital entitled “This Culture Deck Powers the World’s Toughest Work.”
The Opportunity: Are you the right fit?
We are looking for an entrepreneurial leader who will manage the store of the organizations in general and in specific pharmaceuticals and other organizational assets, storing and dispatching them following defined system of the organization in healthy and orderly manner. Strong preference will be given to those who can prove they can operate in fast-growth environments with limited resources.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in the use of excel, especially in managing store, tracking the transaction and producing periodic reports. Most importantly, your orientation toward the work should match well with our operating values, captured by our For-Impact Culture Code.
Lastly, you’re a believer, not an employee. And you’re looking for an opportunity to use your time and energy to transform an early stage organization and impact hundreds of thousands of lives.
Reports To: Stores In-Charge
Direct Reports: none
Dotted Line Reports: None
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Studies (BBS), Business Administration (BBA) or relevant subject.
- At least one or more years’ of experience in relevant field.
- People having knowledge, skill or background in pharmacy are preferred.
- Should have knowledge of IT including MS-Packages.
- Ability to work well with others to develop and maintain positive working relationships.
Big 3 Responsibilities:
- Maintain inventory and track receipt and outflow of hospital pharmaceuticals and supplies from regional and local vendors in efficient and accountable fashion.
- Oversee OpenERP system track appropriate paper and inventory data systems and help the Store In-Charge and the Logistics In-Charge in reporting.
- Lead efforts to keep a clean and orderly storeroom environment.
Areas of Responsibility (AoRs):
1. Maintain inventory and outflows of hospital pharmaceuticals and supplies in efficient and accountable fashion under the direction of the Store In-Charge
- Receive ordered items and log into the inventory database on the same day.
- Stock items on shelves or refrigerators as needed after filling out appropriate stockcards.
- Make timely, consistent and accurate dispatch of orders to subunits using Kanban Cards while recording items in the data system and noting their removal from the shelves on the stock card.
- Perform cycle count at the end of each month.
- Coordinate with Store In-Charge in prioritizing communication with government bodies’ stores for items available before purchasing.
- Perform other stores functions as directed by the Store In-Charge.
2. Oversee OpenERP system track appropriate paper and inventory data systems and help the Store In-Charge in reporting.
- Keep a log of orders and shipments received in OpenERP.
- Maintain a clear database of billing and financial transactions with regional and local vendors including government bodies in OpenERP.
- Ensure timely submission of monthly consumption reports, Operation Impact dashboard reports, financial reports and any reports as per need generated from OpenERP in timely manner.
- Lead and ensure proper communication with other departments on OpenERP issues and troubleshoot them with the help of Procurement and Logistics Manager.
3. Lead efforts to keep a clean and orderly storeroom environment.
- Enforce restricted entry to medical stores by authorized personnel only.
- Keep the workspace and stocks in order, and supervise scheduled cleanings by health aids.
- Work with Store Associate for appropriate stocking of medicines and other supplies in store shelves.
- Check and coordinate safe disposal of expired and unwanted inventory.
- Know and follow hospital-operating guidelines in all operations.
- Participate in department and appropriate meetings.
- Know and follow department guidelines and standard operating procedures.
- Contribute ideas for store management.
- Interact professionally with all hospital staff and representatives from the community, the government, and all civil and commercial operations.
- Effectively work with other members of the Operations team, as directed by the Store In-Charge, to assist with tasks needing interdepartmental coordination and pooled manpower.
- Make other contributions as deemed appropriate by the Store In-Charge.
This job description may be amended at any time by the employee and the direct supervisor.
Location: You will spend 100 % time in Dolakha.
Application Process: Click HERE
Email [email protected] if you have any questions.
What happens after submission?
If we are interested, your submission will be responded to. Please note that due to a large volume of applications, your application may not be responded to. If your application is advanced, we will ask immediately to set up an initial 20-minute phone interview to initiate the interview process.