Staff Physician,Dolakha- Possible : Staff Physician, Medical – Dolakha, State 3
Possible is seeking Nepali MBBS-trained Staff Physicians for our Hospital hubs, our full-service community hospital located in Dolakha Districts. We are a leader in rural medical education, electronic medical record systems, and quality improvement.
Staff Physicians will be responsible for supporting all clinical services (inpatient, outpatient, and emergency care), furthering data-driven protocol development, facilitating linkages between our clinical and community health programs, and enhancing the capacity of nearby health facilities through community outreach programs for up to 20% of the time.
If you are MBBS-trained, an excellent team player, entrepreneurial and self-starting, have great management skills, take ownership of the job, and thrive in challenging environments, you are the best fit for the position. Possible welcomes you to apply for this opportunity to be part of an organization impacting hundreds of thousands of lives in rural Nepal.
The organization: Possible
Possible is a nonprofit healthcare company that delivers high-quality, low-cost healthcare to the world’s poor. We are pioneering a new approach, called durable health care that brings together the best of private, public, and philanthropic models. Since 2008, Possible has treated over 500,000 patients in rural Nepal through government hospitals, clinics, community health workers, and a referral network.
The opportunity: Are you the right fit?
We are looking for Nepali physicians who are MBBS-trained, who are entrepreneurial and self-starting, who have great management skills and are comfortable in collaborative environments, including working across teams, and who thrive in challenging environments.
Most importantly, your orientation toward the work should match well with our operating values, captured by our For-Impact Culture Code.
Lastly, you’re a believer, not an employee. And you’re looking for an opportunity to use your time and energy to transform an early stage organization and impact hundreds of thousands of lives.
- Clinical ability to manage common emergency conditions like acute abdomen, poisoning, trauma, and chronic diseases.
- Passion for holistic management of each and every patient
- Ability to work effectively in a team for the patient’s care
- Knowledge and experience practicing evidence-based medicine
- Passion for both learning and teaching, particularly of mid-level providers
- Active NMC license and no present government bond or other legal commitments
Areas of Responsibility:
The Big 3 Responsibilities of the Staff Physician are:
- Providing dignified, compassionate, evidence-based care to all patients.
- Training and educating non-physician staff in best practices, up-to-date evidence, and advanced care techniques.
- Leading and participating in organization-wide quality improvement initiatives.
The details of these Big 3 Responsibilities are as follows:
Providing dignified, compassionate, evidence-based care to all patients.
- Provide evidence-based medical treatment of primary care and acute care illnesses;
- Perform basic orthopedic and surgical procedures;
- Supervise routine antenatal care, family planning, and abortion services;
- Provide basic emergency obstetric care;
- Manage childhood illnesses including malnutrition;
- Perform ultrasound exams for evaluation of acute medical and surgical diseases;
- Work as much as is dictated by patient volume and available staff, including after hours for emergency cases;
- Rigorously document all medical services provided;
- Participate in public health and clinical programs designed by Possible.
Training and educating non-physician staff in best practices, up-to-date evidence, and advanced care techniques.
- Conduct training and lectures with the non-physician providers;
- Teach clinical staff new practices in evidence-based medicine;
- Perform bedside teaching with other providers.
Leading and participating in organization-wide quality improvement initiatives.
- Participate in the Institute for Healthcare Improvement’s Open School lecture series;
- Lead and participate in mortality and morbidity conferences;
- Participate actively in data review conferences;
- Lead and engage in continuous quality improvement initiatives;
- Lead and participate in hospital standard operating procedures, formulary, and strategy development.
Location: 100% of the time will be spent in Possible’s hospital hub at Charikot, Dolakha .