Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) Specialist- Plan International : Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation working in 51 developing countries that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978, helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 42 districts in Nepal. We take active measures in recruitment and employment practices to ensure children are protected.
Plan International Nepal invites application from interested and eligible candidates for the following positions:
Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) Specialist-1 Position
The position holder will be responsible for providing technical expertise and leadership in developing Plan International Nepal’s strategy and programmatic approach on Sexual and Reproductive Health. S/he will guide thematic project heads in designing and monitoring projects incorporating SRHR particularly for access of adolescents to information and services of SRHR, sexuality education and social accountability on SRHR services. S/he will also be responsible for the capacity development of Plan International Nepal and its partner staff on SRHR.
Terms and Location: Fixed term employment for 2 years based in Country Office, Lalitpur.
Required Qualifications & Experiences:
- Master’s degree in a relevant subject
- At least 5 years of experience in designing / managing projects on SRHR especially in access of adolescents on information and services on SRHR, sexuality education and social accountability on SRHR services
- Experience in policy advocacy on SRHR
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation of SRHR
- Experience in networking/engaging with key actors on SRHR
- Experience in capacity development of project staff
- Capacity to produce evidence-based, robust program design and public policy recommendations and positions
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, a variety of team members and external contacts, through good written and spoken communication skills
- Provide technical expertise in developing Plan International Nepal’s strategy in SRHR
- Identify gaps in SRH Rights at national and community levels
- Consult communities, partner organisations, and government line agencies to prioritise programme needs in SRHR
- Identify strategic partners in SRHR at national and provincial levels.
- Develop and ensure effective implementation and monitoring of SRHR related projects
- Develop project concepts and funding proposals involving all relevant staff members in priority areas for competitive bidding
- Develop and Implement a monitoring plan of SRHR projects to assess the project outcomes
- Provide technical inputs/feedback to project team for high-quality delivery of SRHR projects
- Identify advocacy/influencing agenda
- Identify research need on SRHR to establish evidence
- Identify relevant networks on SRHR to establish a relationship with actors on SRHR
- Ensure key trends, good practices on SRHR within Plan International and externally are collected, analysed and shared appropriately.
- Prepare media content on SRHR to disseminate all stakeholders and external audiences
- Develop capacity of Plan International Nepal and partner staff on SRHR
Last date to apply: 12 September 2018
Source of info: Kantipur (29 August 2018) & Merojob.com