Ipas Nepal is a non-profit international organization that works to increase women’s ability to exercise their Sexual and Reproductive Health, especially the Right to Safe Abortion. We seek to eliminate Unsafe Abortion and the resulting deaths and injuries and to expand women’s access to Comprehensive Abortion Care, including contraception and related reproductive health information and care.
Position Title: Sr. Research Consultant
Period: 10 days, (August 2018)
As part of the Nepal family Planning Project, in order to supplement the formative research, a secondary data analysis will be carried out of the NDHS 2016 to better understand the situation of the family planning services in 9 study districts i.e. Dailekh, Kapilvastu, Nawalparasi, Kavre, Makwanpur, Parsa, Mahottari, Morang and Saptari.
In this regard, a consultant will be hired to carry out this work. The consultant will work with the Family Planning project team members of Ipas Nepal.
Scope of Work:
- To review the NDHS data of the 9 districts
- Develop and finalize an analysis plan for the secondary data in discussion with the project team
- Perform analysis as per the agreed plan
Qualification and Experience Requirements:
- Master’s in Public Health/epidemiology/statistics/demography with a minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience of working in quantitative data management
- Sound knowledge of quantitative data analysis software (Strata: desirable or SPSS)
- Prior experience of working with large data sets
- Knowledge and experience of working in the area of Family Planning (desirable)
Applications along with detailed CV to be emailed by close of business on August 5, 2018 toEmail: [email protected]
Official Announcement: Merojob.com (Please verify before apply)