Project Manager- Social Welfare Association of Nepal
Social Welfare Association of Nepal (SWAN), a leading NGO of Nepal working in the field of health, education and community development in rural Nepal for the past 24 years.
SWAN Nepal, in collaboration with SWAN Deutschland, SWAN Austria, Global Partners for Child Health USA, University of Utah-Center for Global Health Innovation USA and Human Rights and Peace Development Forum Nepal is planning to implement Maternal & Child Health Project in rural area of Humla District and looking for a capable, competent and motivated individual for the post of Project Manager to lead the program.
Number of positions:
- Long Term/Contract Based
- Humla District
- Under the direct supervision of the SWAN Nepal Centeral Office, the Project Manager will have following major responsibilities;
- Facilitate training to the health workers and Community health volunteers, especially that of Helping Babies Breathe (HBB), Essential Care for Every Baby (ECEB), Essential Care for Small Babies (ECSB), and Helping Mothers Survive (HMS) and Birth Preparedness Package (BPP).
- Follow up the Quality of Care at Birthing Centers at community level and frequent visit to health facilities to monitor progress.
- Procurement of birthing center equipment and manage storage and supply to birthing centers.
- Prepare monthly reports and collect the necessary data for periodic evaluation.
- Regular interaction and liaison with District Health Office, Rural Municipality Health Coordinator, Health Facilities and FCHVs to ensure effectiveness and quality of the program.
- Having experience in Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health (HBB, ECEB, ECSB, HMS and BPP) will be a good asset.
- Good training facilitation skills.
- Have good spoken and written skills in Nepali and English
- Self motivated, friendly and able to work in a team
- Experience and willingness to work in the remote and underserviced communities, ability to cope in geographically difficult location
- Must have a strong commitment to work for the long term
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and coordinate with multiple stakeholders
- Good computer skills (Ms-Office including Email & internet)
- Priority will be given to candidates from Humla District, who are well known of the geographical and cultural situation of Humla
Educational qualification and Work Experience:
- Staff Nurse with 2 years experience or ANM with at least 5 years of work experience in the related field (SBA trained staff nurse/ANM will be given priority)/ HA with 5 years of work experience in project related to maternal and child health.
- as per the organizational policy
Interested candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send their application along with CV and contact numbers to [email protected] no later March 31, 2018 or drop your application at SWAN Central Office Maharajgunj . Only short listed candidate will be contracted for further.