Everest Club announces vacancy for the post of Social mobilizer- HTNYP (Midwife).
Job Location: Aathbish/Chamunda Bindrasaini, Dailekh
Apply Before: Aug. 30, 2018 23:55
Theme/Programme: Health and Nutrition
Type of Contract: Fixed term- Sept 1, 2018- Jan 31, 2021
- At least staff nurse, Health Assistant (HA), Community Auxiliary Health Worker or Auxiliary Nurse Midwife (ANM) course passed and minimum (6 months for staff nurse and HA and one-year ANM) experience in related field. (All qualifications and position applicable only for women)
- Sound knowledge on ASRH
- Knowledge and skill on Community mobilization
- Report and proposal and case studies writing skill
- Presentation, facilitation and negotiation
- Very good skills and knowledge in documentation and reporting in English and Nepali
- Stress management skills
- Time management and communication skills
- Excellent coordination, communication and interpersonal skills (team building and teamwork with key stakeholders at Palika and community level
Social Mobilizer will work closely with the Program Coordinator HTNYP and ED/Board of Organization, Project Coordinators/officers of other themes, Field Supervisors, CBOs and local governments and agencies working at Palika levels, Health Facility (government and non-government) to create enabling environment and to facilitate/support in the project implementation process to ensure the project activities are accomplished within the set quality/quantity and time. Under the direct supervision of Project Coordinator-HTNYP, Social mobilizer will be responsible to lead the project related activities of Project by mobilizing and coordination of health workers, mentors, FCHVs, Adolescent/Girls Groups, HFOMC and community peoples
Report to: PC HTNYP
Staff reporting to this post: Mentors
Role Dimensions: This position is key position to lead RMNH activities through community mobilization to ensure the increased RMNH service utilization.
Project planning and budgeting
- Facilitate the mentors to identify and formation of Adolescent/youth groups
- Facilitate and support to conduct My first baby session to Adolescent/youth married and unmarried to ensure the RMNH service utilization
- Ensure proper data collection, documentation and dissemination on RMNH issues/project activities regularly
- Support for making Adolescent groups, HF level project plan with references of agreed Health project activities on monthly, quarterly basis
Coordination, Collaboration and Networking
- Coordinate and collaborate with Palika level, government line agencies, stakeholders, beneficiaries, media, other project teams within the organization and other service providers in a different level.
- Ensure organizational visibility and sustainability in the district and community level.
- Maintain good coordination with health workers, mentors, HFOMC, FCHV, mother groups and Youth groups /youth clubs
- Bridge the project related information between Save the Children, organization and community.
- Timely conduction of project activities having quality output in Palika level
- Identification of Adolescent groups, ensure that they are going for regular sessions
- Motivate community people for institutional delivery(NO Home Delivery in project Palika)
- Support to project team for making effective work plan of project implementation.
- Support to health workers, FCHVs and mentors to aware the Adolescent groups for utilization of RMNH services.
- Local level advocacy to increase resource allocation in ASRH/RMNH.
- Lead to convene community level project activities as assigned under the program and organizational provisions in project area; HF and community.
- Conduct and facilitate community level project activities with high quality; training, meeting, workshop, seminars etc.
- Regular support to mentors for effective session conduction
- Home visits to newlyweds, husbands, mother-in-law
- Conduct social events/community events
- Collect feedbacks and learning from stakeholders and other concern agencies for the program.
Project review and monitoring
- Frequently visit the Adolescent groups of the project area
- Support to conduct surveys, internal and external evaluations.
- Support for preparation and submit event wise reports to PC and Organization.
- Monitor the regular community level activities
- Ensure for the involvement of the community to review program among the stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Participate in the MY first bay session to married and unmarried groups, review planned activities of that month along with challenges faced and lesson learned monthly.
Project reporting and documentation
- Collect case studies/success story, action photos, learning, and challenges for the program documentation. Submit to PC –HTNYP.
- Prepare and submit event reports, database along with indicator surveys. Undertaken field visits for monitoring and supervision of program personnel.
- Share the field visit reports to the line manager with the area to be improved and betterment.
- Work closely with M & E to ensure the project progress is in track and quality set in the project documents are met
- Initiate corrective actions based on the feedback from M & E
Additional job responsibilities
- The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the Post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience
Interested candidates are requested to send their updated resume to [email protected]
OR, APPLY VIA MEROJOB.COM (OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT)