Senior Technical Specialist-Human Health – FHI 360
Senior Technical Specialist-Human Health – FHI 360: FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology—creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the following positions;
FHI 360 seeks Senior Technical Specialist-Human Health for an anticipated The Fleming Fund Country Grant for Nepal—Tackling Antimicrobial Resistance in Nepal. The Country Grant will address critical gaps in surveillance of antibiotic resistant bacteria in Nepal. This grant will support implementation of national plans for antimicrobial resistance (AMR) surveillance and will focus on a selected number of AMR surveillance sites in close coordination with the Antimicrobial Resistance Containment Multi-sectoral and Steering Committee (AMRCSC) in Nepal, One Health AMR/Antimicrobial Use (AMU) Surveillance Technical Working Group (TWG), AMR/AMU TWG-Human and Animal, National Public Health Laboratory (NPHL), Central Veterinary Laboratory (CVL), participating AMR/AMU surveillance sites and other government, and national and international non-government stakeholders, and UN agencies as well as Mott MacDonald, The Fleming Fund Management Agent.
Senior Technical Specialist-Human Health
JOB SUMMARY / RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will be responsible for activities related to strengthening the capacity and systems for AMR/AMU surveillance in humans. This position is based in Kathmandu with frequent field visits (around 50 percent) in different parts of Nepal. Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical assistance to collect, assemble, and review data related to AMR and AMU patterns in human populations
- Provide technical assistance /participate in epidemiological investigations (e.g., source, antibiotic use, and spread of infection)
- Provide technical assistance /participate in mapping/investigating/assessing antibiotic distribution and use in human populations
- Provide technical assistance for assessments and improvements of NPHL, clinical laboratories/human AMR/AMU surveillance sites
- Provide technical assistance for sample collection, coordination, and transport
- Conduct supportive supervision and monitoring of, and onsite coaching and mentoring to NPHL and human AMR/AMU surveillance sites, as well as renovation work of selected surveillance sites.
- Support Senior Technical Advisor to provide technical assistance to establish and make functional Human AMR/AMU TWG. Provide support to conduct and participate in Animal AMR/AMU TWG meeting.
- Share the findings including AMR/AMU trends to Human AMR/AMU TWG quarterly and annually.
- Provide technical assistance to prepare and submit AMR/AMU-related data and report as per the national, regional and global standard and requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in microbiology or other relevant subject and 8 years of experience in human health, a clinical (preferably including microbiology, AMR/AMU or disease surveillance) laboratory, or a related area. Masters’ degree with 5 years of similar experience is considered equivalent. Medical Technologist with relevant work experience are preferred. This combination of education and work experience would provide the following relevant specialized knowledge and skills in areas associated with human health:
- Human nutrition, care, treatment, and health
- Microbiology and related laboratory techniques
- Biosafety and biosecurity and how to apply principles
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with stakeholders
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in an IT environment
- Strong coordination, communication, and interpersonal aptitudes
- Fluency in English and Nepali (spoken, written, and typing)
- AMR/AMU and disease surveillance and other relevant health programs (strongly preferred)
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the ethical issues surrounding research and surveillance
How to Apply:
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please visit FHI 360’s Career Center at http://www.fhi360.org/careers for a list of all open positions. Interested and qualified candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at http://www.fhi360.org/careers or send the resume to APROProposal@fhi360.org
Final deadline for application is 5:00 p.m. January 25, 2018.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
Recent Public Health Jobs
- Senior Surveillance and M&E Specialist – FHI 360
- Senior Technical Specialist-Human Health – FHI 360
- Senior Technical Advisor – FHI 360
- Gender Based Violence (GBV) – Protection Coordinator – DanChurchAid (DCA)
- Field Coordinator- Padhati Bikash Sewa Kendra/System Development Service Center, Nepal
- Research Officer – FAITH
- Public Health Unit Supervisor – United Mission to Nepal
- Training/Field Supervisor – One Heart World- Wide
- Call for Trainees – Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences
- Program Coordinator- One Heart World- Wide
- Data Analyst Manager- Helen Keller International/Nepal
- Hospital Manager – Gaur Hospital, Gaur RM
- Consultant – SMART Survey- UNICEF
- Consultant – Family Planning Association of Nepal
- Surveillance Medical Officers- The World Health Organization (WHO)
- District Coordinator – One Heart World- Wide
- Program Coordinator- United Nepal Foundation
- Project Officer – Nepal Eye Program, TIO
- Counselor – Non Governmental Organization
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Operational Research- Abt Associates
- Enumerators and Note Takers- Ipas Nepal
- Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist-FHI 360
- Various Positions – Different Institutions
- Instructor & Lecturer – Manmohan Memorial Institute of Health Sciences
- Project Deployment Manager (Asia) – Medic Mobile
- Field Manager – Action Contre la Faim | Action Against Hunger
- Program Director- Jevaia Oral Health Care
- Head of Project (WASH)- Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
- Project Officer – Sunaulo Parivar Nepal/MSI
- Director of Evidence to Action (E2A) – Sunaulo Parivar Nepal/MSI
- Associate Officer- M&E- Karuna Foundation Nepal
- Apply before New Year 2018 !! Happy New Year 2018 !!
- Program Assistant- Richa Foundation
- Hospital Manager, Staff Nurse, AHW & ANM – Gorkha Municipality
- Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (RMEO) – The Adara Group i