Senior Surveillance and M&E Specialist – FHI 360
Senior Surveillance and M&E Specialist – FHI 360: FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology—creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the following positions;
FHI 360 seeks Senior Surveillance and M&E Specialist for an anticipated The Fleming Fund Country Grant for Nepal—Tackling Antimicrobial Resistance in Nepal. The Country Grant will address critical gaps in surveillance of antibiotic resistant bacteria in Nepal. This grant will support implementation of national plans for antimicrobial resistance (AMR) surveillance and will focus on a selected number of AMR surveillance sites in close coordination with the Antimicrobial Resistance Containment Multi-sectoral and Steering Committee (AMRCSC) in Nepal, One Health AMR/Antimicrobial Use (AMU) Surveillance Technical Working Group (TWG), AMR/AMU TWG-Human and Animal, National Public Health Laboratory (NPHL), Central Veterinary Laboratory (CVL), participating AMR/AMU surveillance sites and other government, and national and international non-government stakeholders, and UN agencies as well as Mott MacDonald, The Fleming Fund Management Agent.
Senior Surveillance and M&E Specialist
JOB SUMMARY / RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position will be responsible for oversight of activities related to strengthening the capacity and systems for AMR/AMU surveillance in humans and animals. This position is based in Kathmandu with frequent field visits (30 percent or more) in different parts of Nepal. Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical leadership in design, planning, implementation, monitoring, data analysis, report preparation and sharing of AMR/AMU surveillance in humans and animals.
- Provide technical assistance to NPHL, CVL and AMR/AMU surveillance sites to collect, refine and analyze the AMR/AMU surveillance data.
- Share the findings including AMR/AMU trends to AMRSC, One Health and AMR/AMU TWG quarterly and annually.
- Provide technical leadership in mapping of distribution pathways of antibiotics in humans and animals.
- Conduct supportive supervision and monitoring of, and onsite coaching and mentoring to NPHL, CVL and AMR/AMU surveillance sites.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the project team on surveillance and M&E-related activities.
- Provide technical assistance to prepare and submit AMR/AMU-related data and report as per the national, regional and global standard and requirements.
- Master’s degree in Public Health or other relevant subjects and three years’ experience or a Bachelor degree in Public Health or other relevant subjects and five years’ experience in managing and conducting epidemiological and/or social scientific research and surveillance in public health
- Experience in standard statistical methods/tools in research and with quantitative and qualitative research method
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, data analysis and use in public health
- Strong negotiation, coordination, communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and Nepali (spoken, written, typing)
- Knowledge and experience of AMR/AMU and disease surveillance and other relevant health programs.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the ethical issues surrounding research and surveillance.
The above job descriptions summarize the main duties of the job, and neither prescribe nor restrict the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
How to Apply:
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please visit FHI 360’s Career Center at http://www.fhi360.org/careers for a list of all open positions. Interested and qualified candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at http://www.fhi360.org/careers or send the resume to APROProposal@fhi360.org
Final deadline for application is 5:00 p.m. January 25, 2018.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
Recent Public Health Jobs
- Senior Surveillance and M&E Specialist – FHI 360
- Senior Technical Specialist-Human Health – FHI 360
- Senior Technical Advisor – FHI 360
- Gender Based Violence (GBV) – Protection Coordinator – DanChurchAid (DCA)
- Field Coordinator- Padhati Bikash Sewa Kendra/System Development Service Center, Nepal
- Research Officer – FAITH
- Public Health Unit Supervisor – United Mission to Nepal
- Training/Field Supervisor – One Heart World- Wide
- Call for Trainees – Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences
- Program Coordinator- One Heart World- Wide
- Data Analyst Manager- Helen Keller International/Nepal
- Hospital Manager – Gaur Hospital, Gaur RM
- Consultant – SMART Survey- UNICEF
- Consultant – Family Planning Association of Nepal
- Surveillance Medical Officers- The World Health Organization (WHO)
- District Coordinator – One Heart World- Wide
- Program Coordinator- United Nepal Foundation
- Project Officer – Nepal Eye Program, TIO
- Counselor – Non Governmental Organization
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Operational Research- Abt Associates
- Enumerators and Note Takers- Ipas Nepal
- Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist-FHI 360
- Various Positions – Different Institutions
- Instructor & Lecturer – Manmohan Memorial Institute of Health Sciences
- Project Deployment Manager (Asia) – Medic Mobile
- Field Manager – Action Contre la Faim | Action Against Hunger
- Program Director- Jevaia Oral Health Care
- Head of Project (WASH)- Welthungerhilfe (WHH)
- Project Officer – Sunaulo Parivar Nepal/MSI
- Director of Evidence to Action (E2A) – Sunaulo Parivar Nepal/MSI
- Associate Officer- M&E- Karuna Foundation Nepal
- Apply before New Year 2018 !! Happy New Year 2018 !!
- Program Assistant- Richa Foundation
- Hospital Manager, Staff Nurse, AHW & ANM – Gorkha Municipality
- Research, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (RMEO) – The Adara Group i