Senior Lab Technician – Possible
Senior Lab Technician
Operations & Procurement – Achham, Nepal
The organization: Possible
Possible is a nonprofit healthcare company that delivers high-quality, low-cost healthcare to the people of hard to reach areas. We are pioneering a new approach, called durable healthcare that brings together the best of private, public, and philanthropic models. Possible has so far treated over 400,000 patients in rural Nepal through government hospitals, clinics, community health workers, and a referral network.
Learn more about our culture and work in this feature from First Round Capital entitled “This Culture Deck Powers the World’s Toughest Work.”
The opportunity: Are you the right fit?
We are looking for competent professionals. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated clinical experience, be a fantastic communicator, excellent team player and willing to work in challenging settings.
You’re driven by impact and solving for the patient and have a deep understanding of clinical care in rural setting. Most importantly, your orientation toward the work should match well with our operating values, captured by our For-Impact Culture Code.
Lastly, you’re a believer, not an employee. And you’re looking for an opportunity to use your skills to transform an early stage organization and impact hundreds of thousands of lives
Reports To: Manager of Clinical Support Services
Direct Reports: Lab Technician, Lab Assistant
Team: Operations & Procurement
- Minimum educational qualification of Bachelor degree in Medical Laboratory Technology from recognized University/ Board/ Institutions.
- Experience in an area of Microbiology culture, Gene-xpert, ELISA and CLIA will get more preference.
- Competent female candidates will get the preference.
- Knowledge and experience on Good Clinical Laboratory Practice along with standardized Laboratory process.
- Ability to work on QC and QA for the quality improvement of laboratory test.
- Passion for both learning and teaching, particularly of mid level laboratory service provider.
- NHPC license and no present government/ Non government bond or other legal commitments.
- Ability to work effectively in a team for the patient’s care.
Big 3 Responsibilities:
The Big 3 Responsibilities of the Senior Lab Technician are:
- To perform duties ensuring functioning of the lab for high-quality, twenty-four hour service with standard protocols and continuous quality improvement.
- To maintain data necessary for Possible, government, and research purposes relevant to the lab.
- To assist in maintenance and cleanliness of the laboratory and its equipment.
Areas of Responsibility:
1. To lead functioning of the lab for high-quality, twenty-four hour service with standard protocols and continuous quality improvement.
- Duties include drawing blood, running routine lab tests in the department of Haematology, Biochemistry, Serology and immunology, Parasitology and microbiology and performing other duties under the direction of the Manager of Clinical Support Services.
- To be proactively worked on clinical laboratory related SOPs/ Guidelines/ Policy for the standardization and accreditation of laboratory in a national level.
- Work as much as is dictated by patient volume and available staff.
2. To maintain data necessary for Possible, government, and research purposes relevant to the lab.
- Respond in a timely manner to all data requests.
3. To assist in maintenance and cleanliness of the laboratory and its equipment.
- To clean and maintain a safe, hygienic, dignified workplace under the direction of the Senior Manager of Clinical Support Services.
- To be proactive in keeping the lab functioning at the highest level.
The above list of responsibilities is not comprehensive, and the Senior Lab Technician may be required to take on additional responsibilities, as determined by the Manager of Clinical Support services.
- You will spend 100% of your time in Achham.
The above list of responsibilities is not comprehensive, and the Senior lab technician may be required to take on additional responsibilities, as determined by the Manager of Clinical Support Services Achham District Operation and procurement.
Please click “Apply for this Job”, follow the prompts, and supply all required information.
Email email@example.com if you have any questions.
What happens after submission?
If we are interested, your submission will be responded to within 10 days. Please note that due to a large volume of applications, your application may not be responded to. If your application is advanced, we will ask immediately to set up an initial 20-minute phone interview to initiate the interview process.