YUWA announces vacancy for the position of RHRN National Coordinator.
Position: National Coordinator
Duration: Initially for 1 year fixed-term with probation period of three months; high possibility of extension
Location/Travel: Kathmandu based with some national and international visits as and when required
Roles and Responsibilities:
The National Coordinator will perform, among others, the following functions:
- Coordinate the implementation of country plans
- Coordinate strategic and yearly planning processes and implementation of the country plan by the platform and its members
- Initiate activities that promote synergies between platform members and implement joint activities
- Inform the Steering Committee (SC) of the platform and prepares platform meetings for decision-making
- Support the platform in Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (PMEL) in liaison with the regional team
- Compile/draft annual plans and budgets, draft annual progress narrative and financial reports in consultation with the regional coordinator; submits annual plans/budgets/reports to the regional manager, following their approval by the platform, and keeps regular contact with the regional team
- Monitor the national policy environment and keeps the platform updated on key developments relevant to the platform. Is overall responsible for the internal and external communication of the platform
- Facilitate Linking with other existing initiatives relevant to the work of the platform, seeking alignment and harmonization, building synergies and avoiding duplication
- Is the focal point of the platform for the RHRN Consortium members, including the Dutch Embassy, and ensures synergies with the regional and international advocacy activities of the RHRN Global Partnership
- Coordinate with Steering Committee (SC) of RHRN Nepal and together review budget and program update periodically
The National Coordinator is contracted by the host organization YUWA, which is one of the platform members. The National Coordinator is a full-time position and cannot have another position/job at any of the platform members. The National Coordinator has the lead role in maintaining, developing and creating opportunities for the organization and working with Steering Committee (SC) to shape and drive its strategic vision.
- Progressive stance on sexual and reproductive health and rights, specifically young people’s sexual rights and diversity
- Support the values of RHRN partnership including human rights based, meaningful youth participation, gender transformative approach Solid understanding of SRHR issues in Nepal and good understanding of the national policy landscape
- Familiar with International treaties and agreement in regards to SRHR
- Work experience in an international (development) organisation
- Proven track record in programme management (report writing, PMEL, budget management), facilitating learning processes and alliance building
- Experience with networking and lobbying and advocacy at country and regional level
- Engaged in youth projects, including regionally and internationally (desired); experience in youth-led organizations or with meaningful youth participation
- Youth-friendly and fully at ease working with both young people and adults
- Excellent English (written and oral) communication skills
- Proven experience in research and advocacy
- Strong People and financial Management skills
- Strong experience in strategy, program formulation and implementation
- Be capable of strategic decision making
- Have adaptation skills: work in a multicultural environment
- Be capable of decision-making and problem solving
- Communicate with impact with various stakeholders
- Ability to work independently
- Young people under the age of 30 will be given priority
Qualification and Experience:
- Minimum educational qualification of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Have experience of minimum of 2 years in related field including Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights (SRHR).
- IT skills Proficiency in standard computer software (word-processing, excel, presentations, Skype, databases and internet/web-based tools)
Job Conditions and Advantages:
- The National Coordinator is contracted by the host organization, YUWA, which is one of the platform members
- The National Coordinator is a full-time position and cannot have another position/job at any of the platform members
- The National Coordinator will be assisted and work closely together with Steering Committee of RHRN in discussing platform’s strategic work plan and budget
- Within the position of The National Coordinator, there is attention and room for personal growth
- The position provides a great opportunity for The National Coordinator to broaden knowledge, skills and network in the related field
- Competitive salary
Interested and qualified applicants are requested to submit their application by sending in their updated CV and a cover letter with “RHRN National Coordinator” [email protected] NO LATER THAN August 20, 2018 5.00 pm NST.
The National Coordinator will be hired through a competitive process by a selection committee, including members of RHRN at the national, regional and international level.
The Strategic Partnership Right Here, Right Now addresses the limited respect, protection and the hindered fulfillment of the sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) of young people in 10 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America and in 1 sub-region, the Caribbean.
Based on an analysis of the underlying causes of this problem, the partnership strives for the protection, respect and fulfillment of young people’s SRHR, including girls, young women and young lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transgender, and intersex (LGBTI). Specific attention is given to: freedom from stigma, discrimination and violence; access to comprehensive youth-friendly services; access to comprehensive information; and space for young people’s voices.
Advocacy is at the basis of how the partnership expects desired change to happen in a particular context. A more progressive and inclusive collaboration of CSOs in national SRHR advocacy partnerships/platforms can be instrumental to strengthen advocacy for SRHR services and information, including, but not limited to sexuality education.
The RHRN platform in Nepal consists of 15 civil society organizations, including a host organization, YUWA, which is serving as the platform secretariat. The work of the organizations are focused on improving sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) of young people in Nepal.
YUWA is a not for profit, youth run and youth led organization working to promote youth participation through empowerment and advocacy.