Research Supervisor- Transcultural Psychosocial Organization Nepal: Transcultural Psychosocial Organization Nepal (TPO Nepal) is one of Nepal’s leading psychosocial organizations. It was established in 2005 with the aim of promoting psychosocial well-being and mental health of people in conflict affected and other vulnerable communities through the development of sustainable, culturally-appropriate, and community-based psychosocial support systems.
TPO Nepal is going to implement the EMILIA project (e-MhGAP Intervention Guide in Low and middle income countries: Impact and Acceptability) in few Municipalities and Village Municipalities in Jhapa district from 1st November 2018. EMILIA is a 3-years research project which aims to carry out a proof-of-concept study to use the e-version of clinical guidelines for the integration of mental health into primary health care (e-mhGAP) on a mobile device, which aims to support in assessment and management of mental health problems.
TPO Nepal seeks competent, committed and result oriented candidates for the position of Research Supervisor (RS) based in Jhapa district.
Job Title: Research Supervisor (RS)
Station: Jhapa (initial 5 months in Kathmandu)
Duration: 2.5 years
Number of opening: One
Starting date: 15 November 2018
- Take lead in planning and designing and implementation of Emilia research activities in Jhapa district.
- Assist in developing, finalizing, translating and validating research instruments.
- Planning, coordinating and supervising the activities of research assistants.
- Data management and analysis: This includes array of activities including data quality control/ checking, cleaning, coding, entry, analysis and interpretation.
- Along with the Project Coordinate, coordinate with local government agencies, health workers and other concerned stakeholders to ensure smooth flow of research activities in the district.
- Perform all the other tasks required for implementation of research activities as assigned.
- Participate in academic article/journal writings and publication.
- Regular field visits throughout the district is required (a current driver’s license is preferred)
- Provide regular updates and reports to the project Coordinator and PI
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of minimum of Master’s Degree in related field (Psychology, Public Health, Social Work, Sociology, Development Studies, Anthropology, or related fields). Minimum of 3 years of experience in research and program management.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English; word processing skills in both English and Nepali (Devanagri typing)
- Experience in mixed, qualitative and quantitative research
- Prior experience in using qualitative and quantitative research tools – (SPSS and Nvivo are preferred).
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience on mental health research
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior academic publications or conference presentations
Interested, qualified and motivated candidates meeting the above requirements are encouraged to apply along with cover letter, updated resume (CV) and expected salary to: [email protected] no later than 9 November, 2018.