Research Officer- FAITH
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Research Officer is expected to support the project in all research related activities through ensuring efficient implementation of research and data analysis processes and systems in the office. The Research Officer will be in-charge of conducting various types of sexual reproductive health and rights related research through data analysis, questionnaire design, maintain the network of outside consultants/researchers and provide technical input and support on the day today works related to research and assessment. The Research Officer will also be required to contribute in the research capacity building of the research interns/staff of the organization.
Essential qualifications & skills:
- Master degree in Public Health, social work, women’s health with minimum three years of experience in donor based research works.
- Proficient with Microsoft office package, statistical computer software programs
- Fluency in an English language (especially writing).
- Able to establish good coordination with national and local government bodies.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Desirable qualifications & skills:
- Experience as research officer and familiarization with the issues of HIV Key Population will be an added advantage.
Supervised by: Executive Director
Reports to: Program Manager
Salary: NPR 45,500
Joining Date:25th June 2018
Period: upto 31st March 2019 with possibility of extension
- Organize and arrange meetings with external experts and senior consultants for research work;
- Work with the team to provide technical inputs to identify research and assessment works goals, plans, methods, variables, and other test parameters.
- Conduct various types of research (quantitative and qualitative);
- Conduct and prepare quick study and case studies;
- Designing / preparing of research plan, questionnaire/ reports and, tabulations;
- Prepare research training materials, tools and train research assistants on conducting research and data analysis;
- Coordinate and oversee field interventions for data collection through interviews and focus group discussion (FGDs);
- Maintain regular contact with related institutions and network of researchers;
- Work with team members to ensure that all projects and tasks are on schedule.
- Supervise and monitor the activities of research teams.
- Coordinate field visits, and ability to travel to the research areas;
- Verify that information on databases remains safe and confidential.
- Review, analyse and interpret various sets of data during the course of the project.
- Participate in the final report publications;
- Ensure that lessons of sound practice are documented and shared.
- Any other tasks that may be identified by Executive Director;
Please send your CV with recent photograph, cover letter with two references at email@example.com within 17th June 2018.
Note: Only those candidates who can join on the said date are requested to apply.
Qualified women candidates from the disadvantages and ethnic groups are highly encouraged to apply. Only complete application will be processed and short listed candidates will be called for interview.