Transcultural Psychosocial Organization (TPO) Nepal is implementing a project ”Sensing Technology to Personalize Adolescent Maternal Depression Treatment in Low Resource Settings (StandStrong)” funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. StandStrong is a mobile technology research study with adolescent mothers in Chitwan, Nepal.
TPO Nepal is seeking competent, committed and result oriented candidates for the following positions.
Position: Research Assistant
Number of vacancy: 03
Location: Chitwan District (Full time)
Time: 1 September, 2018 to August 31, 2019
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct research activities including recruitment of study participants, meetings with participants and family members.
- Visit study participants weekly to collect sensing data generated from the mobile phone application.
- Collect qualitative data through interviews and focus group discussions.
- Ensure high quality qualitative and quantitative data collection.
- Coordinate with government-employed Female community health volunteers (FCHV), auxiliary nurse midwives and community counselor to ensure effective counseling services to study participants.
- Work closely with the TPO Nepal research coordinator and clinical supervisors to assure that the research activities run as planned.
- Provide regular and timely updates to the research coordinator and IT manager on the technological and project-specific challenges.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in field of public health, psychology, population health, anthropology, epidemiology, global health, or related field.
- At least one year of research experience in the community setting.
- Technologically adept. Experience working with mobile health, digital technology, or electronic-health data collection or interventions is preferred.
- Willing to work in multicultural environment.
- Strong coordination skills.
- Flexible to work beyond office hours when required.
- Willingness to travel to remote areas in Chitwan district.
- Good command on both written and spoken English and Nepali languages.
- Able to mobilize in the field actively by driving scooter or motorbike.
- Knowledge and previous work experience in mental health is preferred.
Interested candidates are requested to submit resume, letter of interest disclosing expected salary to [email protected] no later than August 20, 2018.
Official announcement: TPO Nepal