Research Assistant-One Heart World-Wide (OHW)
One Heart World-Wide (OHW) is an International Non-Governmental Organization that has been working in the area of maternal and Neonatal health for the past ten years. One Heart World-Wide is working in 13 eastern-northern districts of Nepal. OHW works with local communities and local health service providers to develop a culturally appropriate Network of Safety around mothers and infants, by raising awareness, teaching good practices, and distributing essential equipment to ensure that mothers and infants survive delivery and the first months of life.
OHW in coordination with Child Health Division has plan to distribute and install phototherapy machines in more than 25 hospitals of Nepal for management of jaundice and improve neonatal health.
Position: Research Assistant
Report To: Program Officer (Innovative Activities)
Contract Duration: 1.5 months fixed
Location: Kathmandu (Travel to about 25 districts)
The objective of the consultancy will be to assist in the installation of phototherapy machines and collect necessary information from the hospitals
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with OHW team, Bio-Med and hospitals to organize orientation in hospital on phototherapy and assist in phototherapy installation
- Collect baseline data in the hospitals
- Conduct interview in the hospitals
- Enter collected data in entry formats
- Prepare a brief report on installation and orientation in the hospitals
- Handover all the collected information to Program Officer
Installation of phototherapy and collection of information from the hospitals.
Candidates qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor in Public Health (HA background will be preferred)
- Knowledge on jaundice management and phototherapy will be an added advantage.
- Willing to travel extensively throughout the country.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to apply with cover later, an updated CV to [email protected] by 11 April 2018 before 17:00 hours. Please note the position in the subject line of an email must be “Application for the position of Research Assistant”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for the next stage of the recruitment process.