Center for Research on Environment Health and Population Activities (CREHPA) is a not-for-profit non-governmental research organization based at Kathmandu, Nepal. It is registered under Society’s Act 2034, with the Government of Nepal and the Social Welfare Council (SWC), Nepal. In the past 24 years, CREHPA has been conducting research in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights.
In collaboration with University of California, San Francisco, CREHPA is conducting a longitudinal study to understand the predictors of denial of abortion services and examining the consequences of unwanted pregnancy for women and their children in Nepal. For this study, CREHPA is looking for vibrant personalities who desire to work as a research assistant and have research skills in conducting quantitative as well as qualitative studies on sensitive issues such as in abortion in Nepal.
Position: Research Assistant
1.District hospital Sankhuwasabha, Sankhuwasabha
2.Pariwar swasthya Kendra Ithari, Sunsari
3.Narayani Sub Regional Hospital, Parsa
4.FPAN Janakpur, Dhanusa
5.District Hospital Dhading, Dhading
6.Sunaulo Bhabishya Nepal Samakhusi, Kathmandu
7.District Hospital Parbat, Parbat
8.Marie Stopes Centre Pokhara, Kaski
9.Rapti Zonal Hospital, Dang
10.Family Planning Association, Palpa
11.District Hospital Salyan, Salyan
12.Marie Stopes Centre Uttarganga, Surkhet
13.Seti Zonal Hospital, Kailali
14.Marie Stopes Centre, Dadeldhura
Organization: CREHPA, Nepal
Employment type: Long term project based (Three years with the possibility of extension)
Major responsibilities of Research Assistant will be to:
- Attend intensive orientation training in Kathmandu
- Establish and sustain cordial relations with hospital officials, abortion service providers and other staff of the hospital/clinic ;
- Enroll participants as instructed and interview eligible women in the assigned hospital/clinic
- Conduct follow-up visits with women either at the hospital or home or other settings on the 6 weeks, 6 months and 12 months, 18 months, 24 months, 30 months, after the visit of the assigned hospital/clinic.
- Maintain data security and confidentiality measures as instructed and submit the data to the Research Officer or other assigned person (such as Data Manager of CREHPA) as instructed.
- Maintain regular coordination and communication with the members of the Core Study Team, and submit periodic progress reports as requested.
- Attend project related on site or central level meetings.
- Assist in the study related works as assigned by the core team members.
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Medical Anthropology, Public Health, Health Economics, Population Studies, Statistics or other development related disciplines but Master’s degree is preferred.
- Nepali Citizen
- Prior work experience in the similar research (Abortion, reproductive health, family planning, adolescent health and rights etc.) in the study hospitals/clinics or similar settings, prior experiences of conducting unstructured interviews will be an asset. Prior working experiences with CREHPA in health research will be an additional advantage.
- Resident of study districts or adjoining districts
- Reasonably good understandings of English, Nepali and local languages of the study area
- Committed to work at least for 36 months with CREHPA
- Familiar with technology such as using tablets and smart mobile application
- Flexible in working hours
- Flexible for travelling to the rural areas for follow up interviews with women
- Capacity to work in a team and willingness to work in hospital setting
- Good personality and communications skills including working knowledge in internet email, Microsoft word etc.
Interested and eligible candidates are requested to apply with updated CV and a cover letter to [email protected] with no later than 20 January, 2019.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the further selection process.