Regional Technical Officer- Southeast Asia One Health University Network
Established in 2011 with the support of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the Southeast Asia One Health University Network (SEAOHUN) is a consortium of 10 founding universities and 14 faculties in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam that are collaborating to build One Health capacity and academic partnerships with government, national, and regional stakeholders in the Southeast Asia region. SEAOHUN collaborates with each country network to enhance capacity of the current and future workforce in using One Health approaches to prevent, detect and respond to zoonotic and emerging infectious disease threats. In 2013, SEAOHUN agreed to establish a foundation to support and assure the long-term sustainability of the Network and its secretariat office is located in the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Thailand. As of April 2018, the network has expanded to 67 universities and 120 faculties in four countries.
A core function of the SEAOHUN Foundation is to promote and facilitate collaborative activities and projects among network members, with an emphasis on trans-disciplinary and trans-boundary partnerships. Programming includes, but is not limited to, support for student and staff exchanges, curriculum development, strengthening and developing teaching methodologies, and support for research capacity building and innovative projects that provide an evidence-base for One Health advocacy with governments and other collaborating partner agencies. Our programs promote and facilitate collaborative activities and projects among the four countries, plus Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Myanmar, with an emphasis on multi-sectoral, trans-disciplinary and trans-boundary partnerships.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Executive Director, the Regional Technical Officer will provide technical support, manage and facilitate One Health activities, and lead on resource mobilization. S/he will undertake the following tasks:
- Provide technical and strategic inputs into SEAOHUN project planning and implementation of One Health approach.
- Lead the implementation of regional activities and ensure that targets are achieved within the deadlines.
- Provide technical assistance to member countries on One Health approach.
- Contribute to the monitoring and evaluation of SEAOHUN projects, preparation and submission of technical reports and presentations.
- Coordinate and maintain effective working relationships with project stakeholders.
- Contribute to broadening donor base, developing proposals, and soliciting additional funding sources to ensure long-term organizational sustainability.
- Represent the SEAOHUN Secretariat, ensuring that its role within the One Health community is well understood through engagement with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Perform other tasks needed for project success as assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualifications and requirements
- Master’s or Doctoral Degree in public health, medicine, veterinary medicine, epidemiology, or other One Health related disciplines, from a recognized university.
- A minimum of five years of progressive work experience in health-related areas, preferable on One Health issues in Southeast Asia.
- Practical experience providing technical support to government agencies, intergovernmental agencies, universities or NGOs.
- Experience in writing proposals and mobilizing resources is strongly preferred.
- Experience managing a complex project with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent relationship management, interpersonal, and teamwork skills, with proven ability to liaise, consult and negotiate with a wide range of multi-disciplinary stakeholders, including external agencies and service providers.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively, and to concurrently handle and prioritize multiple tasks for multiple projects.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starting, ability to take initiatives and to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent proficiency in oral and written English. Knowledge of Thai or other regional languages is an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/Google and email applications.
Interested candidates are invited to send an application letter stating how they meet the qualifications and skills, plus a detailed curriculum vitae or resume in PDF format, and an expected salary to [email protected] using the subject line “Application for Regional Technical Officer” by 6 August 2018. While we respect all applications, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Contact : [email protected]
Official Info: Southeast Asia One Health University Network