Public Health Promotion (PHP) Associate- Action Nepal
Action Nepal, a highly recognized NGO working in a diversified sector and geography of Dhading is searching for the potential candidates for Nepal Earthquake Response Project (NERP) supported by Oxfam.
The candidates should demonstrate developed communications and influencing skills, excellent knowledge of area of work and increasingly contribute to team planning, proactively assumes more responsibility and/or more difficult areas of work in agreement with manager.
Position: Public Health Promotion (PHP) Associate (1 nos.)
Overall Objective of the Position
The Housing engineer is responsible to oversee implementation of the project in the field.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Actively promote safe WASH practices, including appropriate use and maintenance of WASH facilities and services.
- Work collaboratively with PHE-Associate throughout planning designing and implementation of the WASH Program.
- Coordination with Gaunpalika to facilitate the WASH plan Strategy preparation.
- Ensure the implementation of Waster Safety plan and proper management of Waste water in the Water supply schemes constructed by Action Nepal.
- Ensure the participation of vulnerable groups and mainstream gender in all stages (Assessment to the implementation) of the PHP programs.
- Conduct Hygiene needs assessments, including personal interviews at household level, facilitation of FGD, site visits and meet with key members of community.
- Form user committees, child clubs and strengthen and mobilize them for the sustainability of the WASH activities.
- Conduct the mass campaigning, triggering activities in the VDC level by mobilizing child club mothers groups, FCHVs and other local volunteers to disseminate the hygiene promotion message and to restore the ODF status of the working VDC.
- Conduct School and community hygiene promotion activities (i.e. hygiene promotion classes and menstrual hygiene classes to adolescent girls youth, school hygiene campaigning)
- Train and Support to FCHVs to conduct the hygiene promotion session among Health Mother Group (HMG) meeting.
- Record the proper documentation of the expenditure by systematically collecting the financial bills and receipts of the programs with close coordination with the concerned implementing staffs.Assist to conduct hygiene promotion orientation to WASH CC members, health workers, FCHVs, teachers, child club member.
- Enhance technical knowledge and skill of SM and mobilize for the implementing the hygiene promotion activities in the RM level.Work in liaison with the counterparts and PHE team to ensure an integrated approach to the public health needs of all programme activities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- HA Diploma in Nursing, CMA or + 2 in Health with at least 2 years of work experience in WASH sector or in public health & sanitation.
- Good communication skills both in English and Nepali
- Experience in community mobilization and organize appropriate community health & sanitation
- Ability and willingness to work in team and to work under pressure and in remote/difficult circumstances
Personal qualifications needed in the position
- Committed to rights based and gender sensitive work place, Gender mainstreaming with strong social mobilization skills and sound knowledge in PRA tools and hygiene promotion tools.
- Commitment to basic workplace values and policies
- Work according to the objectives of organization and donors
- Able, willing and committed to work with people of different backgrounds
- Contribute constructively to a working environment based on mutual respect, trust and commitment.
- Able to cope with stress and work under difficult circumstances
- Have high regards towards accountability
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply with their latest CV and cover letter to the email address [email protected] addressing to the HR, Action Nepal or drop at Action Nepal’s office within the office time by 17th of November 2017.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Action Nepal is an equal opportunity employer committed to staff composition that reflects the social and ethnic diversity of Nepali society. Applicants from disadvantaged groups, ethnic groups with disabilities and women are especially encouraged to apply.
Telephone inquiries will not be entertained. Canvassing at any stage will lead to auto disqualification of the applicants.