Public Health Assistant – Lele Community Development Center: Lele Community Development Center (LCDC) is non-profit, non- political, non-governmental organization established in 2011. It was registered at the District Administration Office, Lalitpur and affiliated to the Social Welfare Council, Nepal. The organization aims at reducing poverty of rural and urban communities through integrated and sustainable development interventions. LCDC committed on quality education for children, health and sanitation and to promote sustainable livelihoods and economic development of rural poor people through entrepreneurship development and other promoting economic activity. LCDC is implementing community development projects in Lalitpur and Kathmandu district with financial and technical support from Good Neighbors International Nepal. LCDC invites applications from qualified Nepali citizen for the following position
Position: Public Health Assistant
Duty Station: Lalitpur district
Duration: 31st December 2019 with possibility of extension.
Qualification and Experiences:
- CMA/ ANM with +2 level or HA level academic qualification passed from recognized college/institute with three year work experience in similar field or BPH or similar level is preferable with one-year work experience in similar field.
- Good communication skill in English and Nepali along with social mobilization/facilitation skills. Report writing in both languages, good commands in computer application skill i.e. command in word, excel and PPT, at least one-year work experience on similar field (community/ school/WASH and community health program.
Candidates from disadvantaged/marginalized background are encouraged to apply. Preferences will be given to the candidate from project district.
Before applying, please read detailed Job description as mentioned below
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with latest curriculum vitae with a recent photo with details of two referees or send at email@example.com or contact us at office time (9 am-5 am) at Ekantakuna, Lalitpur by December 14, 2018. Only short listed candidates will be called for the selection process.
The employee will be based in LCDC office,Lalitpur although s/he has to spend required time in the project area to ensure the effective implementation of the project.
- Collect district/village level specific data and information on various public health issues during Community Need Assessment.
- Assist in designing health and WASH related plan of action (PoA) based on provided guidelines and findings of Community Need Assessment (CNA).
- Assist in implementation of health and WASH related activities mentioned in PoA.
- Raise awareness of women of reproductive age, mother groups, FCHVs, teachers, child clubs, adolescents, or any other functional committees and community people on various public health issues.
- Assist in organizing orientation, meeting, workshop, conferences and seminars at district/VDC level
- Coordinate with key informants in the communities to establish early rapport and assist to provide overall orientation of the project.
- Conduct coordination meetings with health facility, rural municipality /municipalities, M/R/W-WASH-CC, School Management Committees (SMCs) and other stakeholders for effective implementation of activities.
- Report Project Coordinator as per prescribed forms and format on regular (weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual) basis.
- Compile experiences, lessons learnt, best practices and success stories from the working communities.
- Keep record of public health activities in prescribed formats.
Lele Community Development Center (LCDC)