Public Services International (PSI) is seeking applications for the position of Project Organiser to support work with affiliates in Nepal organising Community Health Workers / Volunteers.
The organiser will build on existing work by both affiliates and PSI in the sub-region to organise community health workers and secure Decent Work. S/he will organise capacity building, research, assist in the development of campaigns and advocacy and fulfil PSI obligations to funders and partners.
Position: Community Health Workers Organiser, PSI – Public Services International, Nepal
We are looking for somebody who:
- Is an energetic and experienced organiser
- Understands the struggles of Community Health Workers / Volunteers
- Understands the Nepali trade union movement or could learn quickly
- Has strong written and verbal English and Nepali and can travel
- A degree in social sciences, labour or gender studies or equivalent experience;
- Knowledge of trade unions and international labour standards;
- A strong understanding of informal work and the community health sector in South Asia;
- Knowledge of women’s human rights, particularly in relation to paid and unpaid labour;
- Knowledge of community or labour organising.
The position is fixed term for up to two and half years. It will be based in Kathmandu.
PSI is a global union federation that represents public sector workers across the globe. We support community health workers to organise and to secure legislative and policy reforms to deliver Decent Work, the right to health for all and gender justice.
Please send your application to [email protected]
Applications close on 13 August 2018.