Project Officer- Nepal Public Health Foundation (NPHF): Nepal Public Health Foundation (NPHF) is going to implement two and half year project “Farming, Health and Environment Nepal Project (FHEP 2017-19)” in collaboration with the Danish NGO, ICOEPH/DASAM and DIALOGOS through funding from Danish Civil Society in Development (CISU) from September 01, 2017. NPHF is seeking highly qualified and dynamic Nepali citizen for the following positions:
Position: Project Officer
Reports to: Project Manager
Duty Station: Chitwan
Project Officer will be responsible to assist for the conduction of training to primary health care workers, female community health volunteers (FCHVs) and school teachers with regards to pesticides and health. He/she will be responsible to facilitate school and community campaigns through health workers, FCHVs, mother groups, teachers and students. He/she will be based in project office, Bharatpur, Chitwan but has to travel frequently in all working areas and coordinate with local stakeholders and communities. He /she will be responsible to assist all farming, health and environment related activities at the field. He/she will be responsible to report to Project Manager in terms of issues related to technical aspect of the project. He/she will be responsible to report to Administration and Finance related to Admin and Finance Officer of the Project.
Job responsibilities of the Project Officer
- Mapping of all health facilities and schools in the working areas.
- Build coordination with all health facilities and schools in the working areas.
- Select schools for the conduction of school health programs in terms of pesticide related issues.
- Assist to design and implement effective school health programs and community campaigns for raised awareness of target groups on the issue.
- Assist to develop monitoring tools to measure the effectiveness of the interventions.
- Assist to develop advocacy plan for the incorporation of pesticide issue in local level agendas and interventions.
- Assist to conduct municipal level advocacy campaigns.
- Assist to conduct mid line and end line surveys.
- Scheduling of field activities and managing them. Daily recording and monthly reporting of field activities.
- Prepare and share the minutes for every project activities and meetings.
- Attend meetings and trainings conducted by Nepal Public Health Foundation.
- Regular observation of the project activities, collection of feedback and problems and its reporting.
- Encourage equitable participation in awareness campaigns and trainings (participation of women, Dalits, Janjati and marginalized people).
- Assist to carry out all the assigned tasks for the better outcomes of the “Farming, Health and Environment Nepal Project”.
- Bachelor in Public Health, working experience will be added.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work in team and also with other stakeholders
- Proficiency skills in reviewing literature and writing report
- Fluent in English and Nepali (both speaking and writing)
- Critical conceptual thinking and analytical skills
Salary: As per NPHF’s financial rules
Duration: 1 year
Deadline of application: November 25, 2018
*Nepali Citizen meeting the above criteria can apply with their detailed CV with two passport size photograph, expression of interest and cover letter including two referees via [email protected] or [email protected]
*Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Resident candidate of Chitwan will be given priority .
Women and candidates from disadvantaged/marginalized background are highly encouraged to apply.