Project Officer, M&E Officer & Market promoter- GERUWA: Geruwa Rural Awareness Association (GERUWA) is non–profit, non-governmental social development organization established in 1993A.D. by a group of enthusiastic. We work economic and livelihood, governance and advocacy, School sanitation, health, nutrition, poor and marginalized woman, adolescent, livestock and education as major thematic areas.
Recently, GERUWA has received a funding from PSI/Nepal for continuation of Women’s Health project (WHP) with an approach of “Reaching the unreached Expending the choices” in different seven districts of Province No.5 (Banke, Bardiya and Dang) and Sudurpaschim Province (Kailali, Kanchanpur, Doti and Dadeldhura).
Project Officer/ Associate Project Officer (Few positions):The Project Officer/Associate Project Officerplays vital role in Women’s Health Project in the district/s. Under the leadership of the Program Manager Associate/Project Officer will primarily be responsible for demand generation activities, behavior change communications, sales and distribution activities in the district/s related to providers to expand access and availability of health creating congenial and supportive environment for the program in the district/s.
- Under the supervision of Program Manager develops and manages the program’s implementation work plan in the district/s.
- Maintain effective coordination, collaboration and build strong relationship with district level line agencies, local government, project advisory committee and other stakeholders.
- Conducted PBCC visits to insure the high motivation level of service providers for maintaining quality service standard and client- based record management at OK network private health facilities,
- Conduct regular supportive supervision to IPC Mobilizers to ensure quality information about Safe abortion and Family planning in community and create demand generation for family planning,
- Plan and organize mass media activities, community events, campaigns and social media interventions, RH/ VIA camps as per need to ensure the access of unreached community,
- Prepare periodic (monthly and Quarterly and event wise), district program reports and submit to the Program Manager,
- Identify new potential areas for demand generation in the district and catchment areas.
- Conduct IPC and FP/MA training/re-orientation and coaching to IPC mobilize.
- Ensuring that WRA in the catchment area are aware of FP (including LARC) methods, and that interested FP clients are referred to an OK franchise network,
- Ensure adequate supply of forms and formats at districts office and Ok network health facilities,
- Coordinate and conduct advocacy activities with district health/other community-level authorities, partner organizations, stakeholders to pave an enabling environment for program initiation/implementation.
- Support to M&E Officer and Program Manager on Data Quality Assessment,
- Ensure timely completion of QACSDs as per SOP and monthly reporting to Project office and DHIS2,
- Timely settlement of project advance and other financial activities,
- Any other tasks as assigned by the organization and supervisor.
- Bachelor’s in public health, social sciences, development studies or equivalent (Intermediate for Associate Program Officer) with minimum 2 years of relevant experience in Reproductive Health and Family Planning Project.
- Strong technical knowledge in Public Private Partnership (PPP),Social Marketing and Franchising.
- Ability to work independently and multi-tasks with limited supervision.
- Excellent oral and written English and Nepali skills required.
- Experience in planning, coordination, organizing training, workshop
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Report writing, communication and facilitation skill-both in English and Nepali
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer 1 position: The M&E officer will be responsible for implementing project monitoring and evaluation framework focused on maintaining up-to-date program management information system (MIS) for program improvement and quality reporting.
Under the supervision of Program Manager M&E Officer will be responsible to perform the followings:
- Ensure documentation, monitoring and evaluation standards of WHP
- Ensure Client Record Management (CRM) system at GERUWA office, Private network Health facilities and DHIS2.
- Timely collect health service and BCC reports/data from project districtsthrough close coordination and regular follow up with DPCs.
- Manage routine program data (systematic management of records, entry, cleaning and processing) using District Health Information System (DHIS 2) and/or other database systems.
- Participate and ensure data quality management at field level in Project District.
- Capacity building of project staffs about HNQIS and CONNECT+, DHIS2 operation and data analysis,
- Ensure adequate supply of forms and formats at districts, clinic level and GERUWA office.
- Regularly collect and maintain issue log about the DHIS2 and form formats from the field and report to the Program Manager, ensuring that the issues are resolved.
- Provide support and supervision on the DPOs handling tablets/mobiles ensuring they are used effectively for real time data entry, and specifically HNQIS and CONNECT+; mentor relevant staff to ensure tablets/mobiles are efficiently and effectively used
- Following PSI/Nepal defined data quality audit (DQA) standards/mechanism and report;
- Conduct supportive monitoring visits to program districts, project sites, service providers and often beneficiaries as required.
- Verify the health service and BCC data/information that received from districts to ensure data quality,
- Ensure timely submission of programmatic results to the supervisor,
- Any other tasks as assigned by the organization and supervisor,
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, Public Health or other relevant disciplines,
- Minimum 2 years of similar work experience in M&E, data entry for public health programs and familiar with HMIS/DHIS2/MIS preferred,
- Competent in computer application (MS office, Internet) and able to data analysis and data use,
- Ability to understand and resolve operational challenges -M&E initiatives,
- Good inter-personal and organizational skills,
- Effective oral and written communication skills in both English and Nepali.
Market promoter (2 positions): The Market promoter is responsible forMedical AbortionHarm Reduction Detailing and product detailing at pharmacies and service sites to ensure product availability at all legally permitted Point-of-Sales.
- Conduct Provider Behavior Change Communication (PBCC) to MA service providers including OB/GYN, and certified mid-level providers to aware them about legal and safe Medical Abortion drug and increase access and use of Medabon.
- Conduct Harm Reduction Detailing and product detailing at pharmacies to ensure product availability at all legally permitted Point-of-Sales (POS)
- Conduct product detailing at Safe Abortion Service (SAS) center and Hospital to ensure adequate supply of Medabon and OK IUCD.
- Monitor stock of product at assigned territory to ensure adequate supply of Medabon & OK IUCD and to avoid stock-out at any point of time.
- Prepare Standard Visiting List (SVL) of service providers and SVL of pharmacies, hospital, SAS centers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social science or Diploma/ Bachelor’s in Pharmacy or other relevant discipline
- Minimum two-year experience in marketing & sales in a pharmaceutical company or in an FMCG company or in social marketing organization in Nepal
- Must be a computer literate and excellent interpersonal communication skill
- Dedicated, analytical and willing to work during off hour
- Nepali citizen having valid two-wheeler driving license will be an additional advantage
- Interested to travel in remote area of Province No. 5, Karnali and Sudurpaschim
Excellent oral and written English and Nepali skills required
Interested candidates those who fulfill the above mentioned requirements can apply with their cover letter and updated CV/resume including two referees, recent passport size photograph, a copy of citizenship and transcript of Academic qualification mentioning position and location in the subject line via email to [email protected] [email protected] by January 3, 2019. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for the further recruitment process. No telephone inquiries will be entertained. Please find the detail vacancy ToR on Geruwa website.