Project Field Coordinators – UNESCO (Sunsari, Rautahat and Sarlahi) : Under the framework of the UNESCO-UNFPA-UNWOMEN Joint Programme for the Empowerment of Adolescent Girls and Young Women, the UNESCO Office in Kathmandu is implementing the project “Empowering Adolescent Girls and Young Women through the provision of Comprehensive Sexuality Education and a Safe Learning Environment in Nepal” with support from the Republic of Korea and in close cooperation with the Government of Nepal, Ministry of Education Science and Technology (MoEST) and the Nepal National Commission for UNESCO/MoEST.
In order to coordinate the implementation of the project in Sunsari, Rautahat and Sarlahi, the Office seeks applications for the following position:
Position Title : Project Field Coordinator
Condition of Employment : Full-time based in Sunsari and frequent visit to Rautahat and Sarlahi Districts
Type of Contract : Service Contract
Salary Scale : SB 3, Band B, Step 1
Salary and additional benefits (Provident fund & Medical insurance)
The incumbent shall assist in the local-level implementation of the project “Empowering Adolescent Girls and Young Women through the provision of Comprehensive Sexuality Education and a Safe Learning Environment in Nepal” under the overall authority of the Head of the UNESCO Office in Kathmandu and UNESCO Representative to Nepal, and direct supervision of National Professional Officer (Education). In particular, s/he shall:
- Assist in planning and implementation of project activities at the local level;
- Coordinate with local and provincial governments when necessary for smooth implementation of the project activities;
- Support in data collection at local level, as required by the project, and follow up with subjects to resolve problems or clarify data collected, if necessary;
- Facilitate results-based monitoring, evaluation and reporting of results, based on the requirements at the local level;
- Prepare periodic progress report and submit to UNESCO Office in Kathmandu regularly;
- Prepare news, storylines and activity or event report and send to UNESCO Office in Kathmandu immediately after the completion of the event.
- Assist in providing logistic and administrative support for meetings, workshops, conferences/seminars etc.;
- Make pertinent logistic arrangements for the prompt and effective implementation of the project activities at the local level;
- Maintain good communication with government offices, UN partner organizations, stakeholders and entities at local level;
- Maintain systematic filing of the reports, letters, administrative documents, project proposals etc. related to the project activities at local level, on a regular basis (both electronically and in hard copies);
- Travel on field missions to districts in and around the region whenever possible and required by any project or activity planned and as advised by the Supervisor;
- Provide support and coordination during the field missions planned by the office and other UN partner organizations, where relevant;
- Perform any other duties and undertake any other tasks as requested and assigned by the Head of Office and/or the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
Candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline, preferably in education, gender studies, social science;
- Understanding of Nepalese education system;
- 2-3 years of experience of working in the relevant field;
- Good written and oral communication skills in English and Nepali;
- Good interpersonal skills, adaptable and desire to learn;
- Good reporting and documentation skills;
- Sound knowledge of IT skills including word processing, data management, presentation software and other relevant professional software;
- Have knowledge of the UN System and in particular of UNESCO’s work especially in education sector;
- Ability to work in multicultural team environment and to meet given deadlines;
- Flexibility to work in difficult and changing conditions.
- Driving license of the motorbike
Women and members of minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are requested to send their application including a motivation letter in English and the complete UNESCO CV form, accompanied by a recent passport size photograph and copies of diplomas, citizenship certificate & driving license indicating the ‘Position Title’ to the following address
NOT LATER THAN : 13 September 2018
UNESCO Representative to Nepal
UNESCO Office in Kathmandu
P.O. Box 14391
The application form (CV UNESCO Form) is available for downloading in the right side column under Files.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for a test and/or interview.
The organization reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.