Americares, an international non-governmental organization registered in the US, has been working in Nepal immediately after Gorkha earthquake in field of health sector recovery, HSS, MHPSS and DRR. Improving Maternal and Newborn Health (IMANh) is a project that Americares is going to implement in 2 rural municipalities (Khandadevi & Gokulganga) of Ramechhap district in partnership of local NGO-CHURDEP and in close collaboration with MoHP, DHO Ramechhap, local health facilities and rural-municipalities. Americares is seeking a competent, qualified and dynamic person for the position of Project Coordinator for its IMANh project in Ramechhap.
Under the direct supervision of Programme Director Americares, the Project Coordinator will be responsible to ensure smooth and quality implementation of the IMANh project activities (plan, implement and monitor the project activities), provide technical support to implementing partner NGO in planning, implementation & monitoring of different training and community-based awareness activities, capacity development of partner organization’s staff, maintain functional coordination and sound relationship with local government bodies, local health facilities and other stakeholders at district and below level and ensure quality documentation of the project implementation, its progress and outcomes.
The position will be based in Ramechhap district and duration of service contract will be till 30 June 2019 (Renewable subject to availability of funding).
Key qualifications, experience and profile:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Public Health, Population studies, Social Science, Business studies or other relevant field with at least 5 years of relevant experience OR Master degree with 3 years of experience on health project/program management (Experience on MNH and para-medical background would be an added value)
- Working experience with Government, NGO/INGO is preferred
- Key competencies in leadership, management, organization, coordination and documentation
- Proven ability to work independently in the district/field context
- Proven experience in preparation and analysis of work plans, budget, progress report
- Good understanding about Nepal’s health system/sector & health sector development
- Very good command of MS Office applications
- Good negotiation, coordination and communication skills
- Good report writing and documentation skills
Americares reserves the right to cancel the process at any time without any justification whatsoever the reason may be.