Everest Club is a non-profit and non-government organization. It was established in 1993 AD and registered in 1993 AD under the District Administration Office Chief of District Administration Office (CDO) also affiliated with Social Welfare Council, Kathmandu. The organization is dedicated to the ideals of holistic and integrated development based on a harmonious balance of socio-culture, material and organization trusted on teamwork and development through community mobilization.
Project Coordinator- HTNYP (1)
Job Location: Dailekh District
- Bachelor degree in Public Health/Nursing and having 1-year experience in project management or implementation of RMNH activities
- Sound knowledge on RMNH/ASRH
- Knowledge and skill on Project Management
- Report and proposal and case studies writing skill.
- Presentation, facilitation and negotiation.
- Very good skills and knowledge in documentation and reporting in English and Nepali.
- Excellent computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, data analysis
- HR management
- Stress management skills
- Time management and communication skills
- Excellent coordination, communication and interpersonal skills (team building and teamwork) with key stakeholders at project and district level
Report to: Executive Director
Staff reporting to this post: Social mobilizer
This position is key for ASRH and RMNH activities in project area which supports the government of Nepal, to improve adolescents, maternal, newborn and youth status by conducting different activities in the community, district and national level. This project will reach around 15000 adolescents in program districts. PC is working closely and or/in partnership with Rural/Municipalities, different Departments/Ministries, I/NGOs, and Civil societies to implement programs.
Project planning and budgeting
- Ensure timely detail implementation planning (DIP), implementation, regular monitoring, evaluation and documentation/reporting of the project as per need
- Prepare phased budget, forecasting, monthly budget tracking report
- Manage day-to-day operations and management of each activities of the project components – ensuring coordination between the team members in different components -to ensure that all components are in tandem
- Manage the project in line with the approved project documents with close support from save the children
- Conduct project activities and manage regular financial expenditure, documentation and adequate burn rate of the project with support from finance officer
- Prepare and submit monthly financial and project tracking report.
- Analyse monthly financial report and submit for fund request.
- Manage external and internal visits to the project
- Liaise with government counter parts like DCC, Rural/ Municipalities and HFs and with I/NGOs to ensure the good and functional coordination & collaboration with other stakeholders to create enabling environment
- Proactively identify other actors working on to improve Adolescent, RMNH situation and develop collaboration with them (particularly with other agencies executing related projects) to create synergies and deliver better results
- Support to project team/save the children in development necessary curricula, monitoring checklist, tools for surveys, operational research and IEC/BCC materials
- Supervise the project staffs; provide technical guidance/ coaching and timely feedback if necessary
Coordination, Collaboration and Networking
- Coordinate and collaborate with district and community level government line agencies, stakeholders, beneficiaries, Chairperson, other project teams within the organization and other service providers in a different level
- Coordinate closely with other projects and teams in the Palika and district so as to integrate and address the issues of adolescents, RMNH
- Ensure organizational visibility and sustainability in the District, Palika and community level
- Participate in different networks and forums and coordinate at the community level likeminded organization for resource maximisation in maternal and child health
- Maintain good coordination with Palika health unit, HFOMC as well as PC/PO of SC in the program and maintain close coordination with in organization as well as Social mobilizers
- Harmonize, facilitate and ensure to integrate the project components at community levels
- Bridge the project related information between Save the Children and organization
- Lead the project providing support to field staff and ensure the timely conduction of project activities having quality output in district and Palika level
- Support to district project team for making effective work plan of project implementation
- Maintain a proper database, filing and documentation system and their management in the district office
- Local level advocacy to increase resource allocation to RMNCH
- Lead to convene community level project activities as assigned under the program and organizational provisions in the project area; Health facility and communities
- Conduct and facilitate community-level project activities with high quality; training, meeting, workshop, seminars etc.
- Collect feedback and learning from stakeholders and other concern agencies for the program
- Provides day-to-day supervision of staff and works collaboratively with SMs
- Ensure 60% field visit and coaching to Health workers and social mobilizers
Project monitoring and Supervision:
- Frequently visit the project areas for supervision and monitoring the field level activities
- Support to conduct surveys, internal and external evaluations.
- Support for preparation and submit event wise reports to Executive Director.
- Monitor the regular activities of HTNYP by supporting to Social mobilizers.
- Ensure for the involvement of the community to review program among the stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Participate in the meeting with project team to review planned activities of that month along with challenges faced and lesson learned monthly
- Develop checklist for OPMIS development, ensure monthly data entry, verify and timely submission at SCI level Prepare quality benchmark for project activities
Project reporting and documentation:
- Prepared monthly project tracking and quarterly, semi-annually and annual report and submit to the chairperson and updating the information related to the project
- Collect case studies/success story, action photos, learning, and challenges for the program documentation. Submit field monitoring report to Executive Director
- Prepare and submit event reports, database along with indicator surveys. Undertaken field visits for monitoring and supervision of program personnel
- Share the field visit reports to the line manager with the area to be improved and betterment
- Work closely with MEAL officer to ensure the project progress is in track and quality set in the project documents are met
- Initiate corrective actions based on the feedback from Monitoring visit
Additional job responsibility
- The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the Post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience
Last date to apply: 30th Aug 2018
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are requested to send their updated resume to [email protected]
Source of Info: MEROJOB.COM (Please verify before apply)