Programme Team Leader, Health Systems Strengthening-Options: Programme Team Leader, Health Systems Strengthening
Closing date: Sunday, 20 January, 2019
The Team Leader will provide inspirational, strategic, technical and managerial oversight of the Nepal Health Sector Support Programme, pro-actively leading a large team of experienced technical staff, to support the Nepal Ministry of Health & Population to deliver against its National Health Sector Strategy.
The Team Leader is accountable for the overall delivery of the programme, leading various consortium members and work stream advisors under a “one team approach”. The main areas of work include:
- Providing strategic and technical leadership
- Overseeing and managing relations with client, government, counterparts and in country partners
- Providing efficient and cost-effective delivery of a high-quality programme that achieves its intended milestones and produces results
- Leading planning and budgeting of the programme and monitoring performance against plans
- Providing oversight of financial, due diligence, security and risk management
The successful applicant will possess:
- Strong technical expertise and a record of successful management and delivery of technical support in health systems strengthening in developing countries; preferably in Asia.
- Significant knowledge of government health systems in Asia, preferably experience of a long-term position in the region.
- Specialist knowledge of health systems strengthening and planning and delivering technical assistance to build government capacity. Preferably specialist expertise in one or more of the following areas: delivery of essential health care services, human resources for health, health infrastructure, health financing, and governance.
- Supreme diplomacy, strong client and external liaison and communications skills, with experience of working in complex environments with government, donors and external stakeholders.
- Outstanding leadership, management and engagement skills, with the ability to inspire high quality work, provide support supervision, and empower team members. The ability to work under pressure, to multi-task and to demonstrate firm but sensitive leadership to a large team of experienced technical staff.
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience and why you feel you are suited to this role, to Sarah Hepworth [email protected]. Candidates should state the role in the subject header.
- Applications will be reviewed as they are received, interested applicants are encouraged to submit applicants as soon as possible.
Options is an equal opportunities employer. Options is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.