CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
CAMRIS International implements USAID/Nepal’s Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Activity a five-year project. The Nepal MEL Activity assists the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from more rigorous monitoring and evaluation of development activities. This includes designing and implementing both quantitative and qualitative evaluations and assessments, as well as providing expert analysis and technical assistance to USAID/Nepal’s programs. The Nepal MEL Activity has three major components:
- Component 1: Support greater rigor and coherence in USAID/Nepal’s M&E efforts
- Component 2: Design and conduct analyses, evaluations, surveys, studies, and assessments
- Component 3: Support improved knowledge management within the Mission
CAMRIS seeks an Intern to support program team of the USAID’s Nepal Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Project. This is a full-time Kathmandu based internship assignment for six months. The successful candidate will have knowledge on monitoring, evaluation, learning and capacity building activities of the program in the development sector.
Position: Program Intern
# of Openings : 1
Job Locations : NP-Kathmandu
Type : Intern (Full Time)
- Schedule and participate in meetings with staff, partners, and stakeholders;
- Assist with the dissemination of information;
- Support the development of presentations;
- Review technical documents;
- Participate in group efforts toward coding and quantifying qualitative data analyses;
- Translate documents into Nepali;
- Gather, organize, and catalogue MEL-related tools and products;
- Assist in detecting errors and inconsistencies in data entry software by doing mock surveys on tablets;
- Help in taking meeting notes;
- Help consultant for preparation of field visit and required documentation
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a bachelor’s degree in a sector relevant to monitoring and evaluation of USAID/ Nepal activities (e.g. economics, public policy, international relation, statistics , political sciences , heath education , agriculture , etc.) is required, be enrolled in the masters degree in the above mentioned area is preferred .
- Experience with USAID is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated research experience.
- Ability to work individually or as a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Nepali and English.
- Highly organized and efficient with excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe
- We encourage candidates from the diverse background, ethnic groups, women , Dalit and other minority communities encourage to apply
Interested qualified applicants are requested to apply by August 8, 2018.