Program Director-FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Program Directorfor an anticipatedUSAID Control and Elimination of Neglected Tropical Diseases (CEP-NTD), Sub-element 2A, Asia.
This individual will be responsible for reporting and meetings with the program AOR, or designated ActivityManager. The Program Director will provide vision, direction, leadership, and management tothe award.
The recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360 and final USAID approval of the candidate.
At a minimum the Program Director will possess the following required experience and qualifications:
- Minimum of a master’s degree in public health, tropical medicine, epidemiology, health management, or related field; MD or PhD preferred;
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience working on international projects related to infectious diseases;
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience successfully leading international development
- projects similar in scope and complexity;
- Demonstrated competency in management, leadership, decision making, and business acumen;
- Demonstrated success in leading organizations and people with diverse backgrounds and skills sets to achieve results;
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with senior
- Government personnel, international organizations, NGO partners, host country governments, and U.S. Government Agencies; and
- Full professional proficiency in English with excellent oral and written communications skills.
REPORTS TO: Regional Director