Program Director- Jevaia Oral Health Care, Pokhara
Jevaia Oral Health Care has been operating since 2006 in collaboration with Jevaia Foundation, USA. The project establishes sustainable, community-based dental care and prevention in rural areas. Currently JOHC programs serve an area of 60,000 people. Presently we are focused on advocating with stakeholders to see our rural dental clinic model adopted in to Nepal’s national health care system in all Health Posts.
The Program Director is responsible for overall operations and program management, including overseeing an office of three staff full-time staff members and approximately 15 part-time field staff. Excellent leadership, teamwork, communication and project management skills, are essential, as is a strong working knowledge of Nepal’s government systems. The candidate must be able to work independently and develop responsive program plans in Nepal’s frequently changing environment. A basic understanding of research methods is strongly preferred.
This position requires a high degree of adaptability and strategic thinking, as well as irregular hours and field time, including overnights in rural areas. The PD will transition JOHC in to an increasingly data-driven, replicable model, as well as build connections in the health, education, government and private sectors. Our office team is small and works in family-like setting.
- Develop and monitor annual, quarterly, and monthly plans.
- Cultivate and manage relationships at different levels of government and at the community level in rural areas.
- Co-design and implement a comprehensive policy advocacy strategy
- Keep an active engagement with Jevaia’s board of directors and advisory board
- Identify and develop partnerships with universities, professional groups, i/NGOs, suppliers, and other cross-sector stakeholders.
- Write/edit and submit reports on program activities.
- Meet with the Executive Director twice weekly by Skype meetings, and take initiative to share important program information outside of scheduled communication.
- Frequent site visits to village-based projects.
- Work with field officers to create frequent trainings and workshops for field staff.
- Help develop, supervise, and evaluate results of baseline and exit surveys..
Please do not apply unless you have a minimum of 2 years experience in a project management role. We will not consider applications for first-time employment.
- Substantial project management experience in rural public health.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a rural setting with local staff.
- Solid understanding of program administration procedures, planning, monitoring, budgeting, and report writing.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Degree in Public Health or Health Education, and substantial experience as a project manager. Certain candidates with degrees in Public Administration may also be considered.
Professional skills, Attitudes and Behavior:
- Visionary, creative, optimistic, resilient to challenging work
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in Nepali & English
- Team-oriented and comfortable in an intimate office setting
- Can make genuine relationships at community, district, and national levels
- Adaptable, thrives in an often unpredictable environment
- Persistent problem-solver, willing to cover responsibilities where needed
- Strong decision-making skills
- Writing in both Nepali and English
- Teaching and training skills
- Organized, conscientious, punctual, detail-orientated
- Passion for the mission of the project
Microsoft Word, e-mail, internet, Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and ability to learn Salesforce (an online database) is required. Experience with survey design, implementation and data analysis strongly preferred. Experience with grant writing also a plus.
- Minimum two-year commitment
- Must be willing to move to Pokhara
- Salary commensurate with experience
Please review our website: www.jevaia.org – we strongly encourage yo read the website before applying. Generic applications will not be considered.
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line: VACANCY APPLICATION. Generic cover letters will not be considered – show us why you are interested in and qualified to lead Jevaia Oral Health Care.
Women and candidates of all races and religions are encouraged to apply. Jevaia does not discriminate based on gender, race, religion or sexual orientation. We seek to build a diverse team that represents the varied population of Nepal and the USA.
This vacancy was published on ixplore.info online website. Please verify official announcement before apply.
Note: The content posted here is for general informational purposes only. Official link/organization is the sole owner of all rights. If you want to report any violations, please contact @ [email protected]