Program Coordinator- Sahayog Samittee Nepal (SS Nepal)
Program Coordinator- Sahayog Samittee Nepal (SS Nepal): Sahayog Samittee Nepal (SS Nepal), a non-political and non-profit making organization devoted towards community development was established by the input of several youths of Bara who are devoted towards social work with a slogan to be Helping Hands for Community. The youths had a common vision of creating a society where there is peace, all people are healthy and educated. With this vision in its constitution, SS Nepal was formally registered in District Administration Office (DAO) of Bara in 2066 BS under the Organization Registration Act 2034 BS.
The organization is looking for dynamic candidate meeting the below eligibility for following positions to implement its project Engaging Private Health Care Providers to intensify TB case detection in Province 2 of Nepal funded by Stop TB Partnership, TB REACH.
The program coordinator will hold responsibility for strategic leadership, and overall planning,
management, budgeting and coordination for the project. S/he will also look after the partnership
strengthening among SS Nepal and Stop TB partnership, private sectors, government
counterparts, and Local bodies. S/he will represent the project at national and provincial levels.
S/he will closely work with Executive committee and supervise all the project’s staffs.
Duty Station: (based in Kalaiya Office with frequent visit in project districts)
- Bachelor in Public Health with at least 2 years of relevant experience or Bachelor in any other field with Health Assistant, staff nurse background and at least 3 years of relevant experience or Bachelor in any discipline with 3 years of experience in TB Program
- Working experience in TB program is desirable
- Having driving license of motor bike or scotty
- Computer experience with MS Word, MS excel and PowerPoint
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Maintain adequate coordination with provincial government/region, local government/district
- Develop plan for effective operation of the program activities in coordination with the
provincial government, local government/district
- Ensure all the activities are implemented effectively at province, district and local level as per plan
- Ensure timely fund disbursement and it’s effective utilization at districts in coordination with the admin and finance officer
- Provide strategic direction, advice and technical inputs to the health mobilizers for achieving the set targets
- Ensure all the guidelines and required tools are available with all the key staffs and key stakeholders of the program and are followed accordingly
- Conduct regular monitoring and supervision visit at service delivery points (SDPs) to assess program performance and needful support
- Regularly communicate with advisor of the organization and executive committee about the progress of the project
- Responsible for timely compilation and submission of monthly, quarterly, trimester, semi- annual and annual reports based on organization and donor requirement
- Analyse the reports and provide backstopping where needed
- Ensure proper documentation of the reports and other evidences regarding the program and activities
- Ensure all the PPM activities are implemented through effective engagement of medical colleges, private poly clinics and private practicenors for improved case notification and reporting from private sectors
- Ensure regular project activities like screening of presumptive TB cases at CSD, follow up of presumptive TB cases of second sputum sample, proper examination of sputum sample at government laboratory, enrolment of diagnosed TB cases
- Ensure proper recording and reporting at the CSD in support of program coordinator
- Support and ensure establishment of cough screening desk as per the set targets in prioritized private health care providers
- Contribute ideas and be innovative for effective team building and gaining the expected outcomes of the project
- Participate and conduct different meeting, seminars, workshops and trainings as per the requirement of the project
- Motivate the district level staffs and other volunteers for intensified TB case finding and management
- Responsible for documentation of all the program documents
- Support the organization in other fund raising activities
- Perform other project related activities as assigned by the organization and line manager
- Good project management skill
- Excellent communication and coordination skill and able to work with patient even under pressure
- Computer experience with MS Word, MS excel and PowerPoint,
- Fluent spoken and written skill in English and Nepali language
- Report writing skills
- Knowledge of HMIS and recording and reporting system of National TB Program.
- Ability to travel in the field
- Having driving licence of motor bike or scotty
Candidates meeting above criteria are requested to send a cover letter and updated Curriculum vitae to [email protected] no later than 11 July 2018. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.Only short listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.