Program Coordinator- Janasewa Samaj Nepal (JSSN)
Janasewa Samaj Nepal (JSSN),Jalapa, Khotang is a secular, non-political, and non-profit making community-based organization founded in 1991. It is registered in Khotang District Office in 1991 and is affiliated with the Social Welfare Council of Nepal. The main aim of the organization is to enable excluded and marginalized communities through organizing and empowering themselves. It also aims to help the vulnerable groups to enhance their sustainable livelihoods and dignified life by implementing integrated community development. It’s head office is in Diktel RupakotMahuregadhi Municipality Ward no. 12, Jalapa, Khotang district while it has contact office in District Headquarter, Diktel.
JSSN invites applications from qualified Nepali citizens for the Program Coordinator position in Sustainable Action for Resilience and Food Security (SABAL) program an USAID funded an integrated consortium project implementing by a consortium (Save the Children, Hellen Keller International, Care Nepal, NEWAH, LI-BIRD, DEPROSCE Nepal). Save the Children International is the leading Organization at this program focusing in three different main components livelihood, Health & Nutrition and Disaster Risk Reduction & Climate Change Adaptation and GESI, Social Mobilization and SBCC as a cross cutting. As a local partner, JSSN has been implementing SABAL program in 11 wards (11 former VDCs) in Khotang.
No. of Vacancy: One
Program: Sustainable Action for Resilience and Food Security Project-SABAL
Functional Title: Program Coordinator
Work Station: Based in Sabal District office and liaison office, Diktel with frequent field visits (40% time)
Report to: Sr. District Coordinator
Duration: One year (fixed term)
Required Qualification, Experiences, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Science, Public Health, and Social Sciences prefer to Master’s Degree.
- 3 years (2 years for)of prior experience in project management associated with livelihoods, public health, nutrition, food security, disaster risks reduction and climate change adaptation including social mobilization.
Skills and knowledge:
- Experience in program planning, monitoring, review, and budgeting.
- Technically sound in livelihoods, nutrition and food security, natural resource management, disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation.
- Good report writing skills and response to stakeholders.
- Able to use computer to run MS Office application and email internet system.
- Excellent team building, coordination, networking skills.
- Work experience in rural district and willingness to work at remote area.
- Fluency in speaking and writing English.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead planning and implementation of field level activities as per annual plan of the project and the project documents.
- Ensure that all field level staffs have been mobilizing to deliver field level activities effectively preparing monthly and periodic plan.
- Contribute to develop annual plan and periodic plan of district program as well as strategic plan of the organization.
- Ensure that all field level staff are capacitated properly to deliver the project interventions effectively with full of motivation.
- Ensure that all field level activities are implemented as per project guidelines and norms.
- Ensure that financial management of the project has been maintaining as per organization policies and meeting donor requirements.
- Ensure that project related all data has been collecting as per MEAL tools/formats from field and recording systematically in OPMIS in time.
- Lead to conduct monthly and periodic review and planning meeting of the project at cluster level.
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual progress report of the project to district office as per reporting schedule.
- Manage and maintain day to day communication and coordination with district office.
- Maintain functional coordination with Rural Municipalities/Municipalities and other stakeholders representing as project focal person of the organization.
- Ensure GESI and child safe guarding in each intervention of the project.
- Capacity Building of project staffs, community-based groups/organizations, and stakeholders.
- Managing field visits of donors/stakeholders as per need.
- Salaries and benefits: As per organization rules and regulation.
Interested candidates with the above mentioned criteria can apply and should forward an Application/Cover letter along with updated CV with contact details of minimum 2 referees to Jana Sewa Samaj Nepal, Jalapa Khotang or firstname.lastname@example.org before 5:00 PM of 28th May 2018.
JSSN will be given priority in female, dalit, minority nationalities, and marginalized community. Only shortlisted candidates will be contracted and advance to the next stage of the selection process. JSSN reserves the right to reject any all application without assigning any reason. Canvassing at any stage of the process shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Advertised: May 21 2018
Application close: May 28 2018