Pharmacy Assistant- Possible
Operations & Procurement – Dolakha, State 3
Applications are being accepted on an immediate, rolling basis.
The organization: Possible
Possible is a nonprofit healthcare company that delivers high-quality, low-cost healthcare to the world’s poor. We are pioneering a new approach, called durable healthcare, that brings together the best of private, public, and philanthropic models. Since 2008, Possible has treated over 300,000 patients in rural Nepal through government hospitals, clinics, community health workers, and a referral network.
Learn more about our culture and work in this feature from First Round Capital entitled “This Culture Deck Powers the World’s Toughest Work.”
No. of Openings: 2
The opportunity: Are you the right fit?
We are looking for an entrepreneurial leader who will responsibly and compassionately serve our patients through ensuring our pharmacy is always functioning with high-quality service with standard protocols and continuous quality improvement. Strong preference will be given to those who can prove they can operate in fast-growth environments with limited resources.
Most importantly, your orientation toward the work should match well with our operating values, captured by our For-Impact Culture Code.
Lastly, you’re a believer, not an employee. And you’re looking for an opportunity to use your time and energy to transform an early stage organization and impact hundreds of thousands of lives.
Reports To: Pharmacy In Charge
- Diploma in Pharmacy.
- At least one or more years’ of experience in field of Hospital Pharmacy.
- Should be registered in Nepal Pharmacy Council
- Ability to work well with others to develop and maintain positive working relationships.
Big 3 Responsibilities:
- Facilitate providing all medical items from the medical stores to the patient units including pharmacy, ER, IPD and OPD.
- Ensure quality service delivery in dispensing of medications and quality improvement.
- Uphold highest standards of patient relation as a point of direct contact.
How to approach the Role:
The pharmacy assistant should see himself/herself as the leader in providing and improving quality care through distribution medication and through interactions with the patients on behalf of Charikot Hospital.
Area of Responsibility (AoRs):
The Pharmacy Assistant will work closely with our Pharmacy in-charge and be chiefly responsible for the following work:
- Care Delivery
- Make sure that items are delivered to the patient units from medical stores in a timely fashion.
- Working with the pharmacy in-charge to ensure that drugs are properly shelved in sufficient quantity.
- Assist in analyzing orders coming from patient units and pharmacy to the medical stores for completeness and ordering.
- Strictly maintain the Kanban card system in the pharmacy department and order medicine as per Kanban card.
- Ensure to have proper access with EHR and OpenERP for patient record and inventory management.
2. Quality Improvement
- Dispense medicines as per prescriptions provided by clinical staff.
- Work as much as dictated by patient volume and available staff.
- Perform additional duties requested by senior management.
- Maintain an organized, exquisitely clean and safe pharmacy.
- Assist in improving the pharmacy supply chain and patient experience.
3. Patient Relation
- Provide compassionate counselling, health education and treatment to patients.
- Counsel patients on appropriate use of dispensed medicines.
- Treat patient with patience, respect and calmness.
- Provide patients and their families a dignified experience in receiving medications.
- Proper and effective participation in regular CME classes which are conducted in the hospital.
The above list of responsibilities is not comprehensive and the pharmacy assistant may be required to take on additional responsibilities as determined by the pharmacy in-charge.
Location: 100% of time will be spent at Charikot Hospital, Possible’s hospital hub.
Show, don’t tell. Include a portfolio of your work which includes your resume, CV, or LinkedIn profile (preferred). We are being purposefully vague in our explanation here. Please send us whatever format (or combination of formats) best exemplifies your work that can be reviewed in less than 10 minutes.
Email [email protected] if you have any questions.
What happens after submission?
If we are interested, your submission will be responded to. Please note that due to a large volume of applications, your application may not be responded to.