Peking University Boya Postdoctoral Fellowship 2018: Boya Postdoctoral Fellowship was initiated by Peking University in 2016, aims at drawing prospective young talents all over the world to conduct postdoctoral research and pursue academic excellence at Peking University, Beijing, China. It offers young researchers opportunities to conduct research in diverse branches of learning such as basic and applied sciences, social sciences, humanities, management, engineering and education.
In the academic year of 2018, no more than 200 fellowships will be awarded to highly qualified, early-career postdoctoral researchers. Each Fellowship is no less than 540,000RMB (including basic annual salary, insurances, housing subsidies, etc.) and is awarded for 24 consecutive months.
Eligibility and Evaluation Criteria
The fellowship is open to highly qualified researchers of all nationalities who received their PhD no more than three years prior to the deadlines of the corresponding calls, as are instructed below. Researchers holding a tenure or tenure-track faculty position are not eligible to apply.
Selection is based on the academic excellence of the applicant, the quality of the proposed research project, compelling demonstration of the anticipated synergy of the proposed research project and the host institution, and the commitment of postdoctoral supervisor at Peking University. The excellent research proposal should include information on how the project will benefit from the research environments of Peking University.
The applicants must identify one faculty member at Peking University who will serve as a postdoctoral supervisor and get his/her written endorsement (Information about postdoc supervisors at Peking University could be found at schools, departments, institutes or centers by visiting :http://www.pku.edu.cn/academics/index.htm).The number of the fellowships is limited to no more than 200 for 2018 academic year and will be awarded through two rounds of application and selection in 2018. No more than 140 fellowships will be awarded for the first round and no more than 60 fellowships will be awarded for the second round.
- January 10 to March 20, 2018: call for applications.
- April 10, 2018: preliminary evaluation decisions by schools, departments, institutes or Centers of Peking University
- May 10 to 20, 2018: publicity period and final award decisions
- September 1 to October 15, 2018: call for applications.
- November 5, 2018: preliminary evaluation decisions by schools, departments, institutes or Centers of Peking University
- November 30 to December 10, 2018: publicity period and final award decisions
All application documents must be prepared in Chinese or English and include the following:
- Application Form of Peking University Boya Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Two recommendation letters (including one from the applicant’s doctoral supervisor), the letters can be sent to the corresponding coordinators directly if the referees prefer;
- One explicit endorsement letter by the postdoc supervisor at Peking University including detailed information on the added value for the research project and a clear statement of commitment regarding the physical and intellectual research environment that the supervisor will provide to the fellow;
- Round One: March 20, 2018
- Round Two: October 15, 2018
The complete application should be saved as one file in pdf format. Please submit it by email to the corresponding coordinator (see attachment 2) in the potential postdoctoral supervisor’s schools, departments, institutes and centers. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Postdoctoral Affairs Office, Peking University
Fan Deshang (Mr)