Nepal Red Cross Society, Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Programme (CEHP) Nepalgunj invites applications from suitable and qualified Nepali citizen for the following position.
Position: Palika Coordinator
Level: 5 (five)
Number: Six (Female -3, Male – 3)
Duty Station: Province 5 (Dang district), Province Karnali (West Rukum and Kalikot district)
- Intermediate in health/PLC Nursing,(H.A./ANM) from recognized institution.
- At least 2 years work experience in the field of development program in health and WASH sector.
- Need excellent communication, facilitation & motivation skills.
- Ability to write reports both in English and Nepali languages. Computer skills in Office Applications. Age bar is 18-35 yrs.
The Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Programme(CEHP) is implemented by the Nepal Red Cross Society (NRCS) with the support of Swiss Red Cross (SRC). SRC has been providing financial and technical support to the program since 2001. The new phase-VII of the programme is being implemented from July 2018 to June 2021, which has two components- Health and WASH.
Under the direct supervision of Community Empowerment for Health Promotion Programme (CEHP) and NRCS District Chapter, Palika Coordinator playsvital roleto implement action plans and project activities’Community Action for Health Project (Project code- 443273) and ‘Community Action for WASH Project (Project code- 443274) according to calendar of operation, policy and procedure of the programme.
The employee is expected to work with the highest degree of moral behavior and conduct adhering to the Red Cross Movement Code of Conduct and seven principles. The code of conduct is integral part of the working contract.
The employee will also provide support to other projects (if needed) without hampering the services of core project(s) supported by NRCS CEHP.
Duties and Responsibilities
The employee has to ensure the effective implementation of the programme. The employee should report to District Programme Coordinator (DPC).Detailed scope of work includes:
- Identify the health and WASH needs of the target population in the close coordination with Palika and ward office
- Ensure the implementation of programme activities in coordination with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure the engagement/participation of key health and WASH partners and stakeholders in different stages of project implementation as required
- Support in reformation/formation of community level networks i.e. HFOMCs, PHC-ORC support teams, Quality Improvement Teams (QIT), Health Mothers Groups (HMGs),Rural Municipality WASH Coordination Committees (RM-WASH-Cs), Ward WASH Coordination Committees (W-WASH-CCs), Users’ Committees, Junior/youth Red Cross Circles (J/YRCs) following the government and programmeguidelines and orient them on their roles and responsibilities
- Facilitate to assess and enhance the capacity of HFOMCs, PHC-ORC support teams, QIT,HMGs, RM-WASH-CCs, W-WASH-CCs, JYRCs, Users committees and utilize them to implement the health and WASH related activities
- Maintain good coordination and linkages with related stakeholders to achieve the optimum result of the programme.
- Facilitate interaction sessions related to Health and WASH at various community networks such as Health Mothers Groups, JYRCs, W-WASH-CCs etc.
- Support to organize various community level activities/campaigns focused on increasing health knowledge and awareness in the community.
- Support Palika to review existing policies, guidelines, strategic plan and assist to update/develop and implement those documents. Support health facilities, RM-WASH-CCs and W-WASH-CCs to review, update and implement the health and WASH plan
- Collect and ensure proper distribution of IEC/BCC materials in the community
- Organize and facilitate various meetings, workshops and trainings as planned.
- Participate in programme related meetings, orientations, workshops and trainingsorganized at the level of Palika related to issues of Health and WASH.
- Make regular visit and also organize joint visit to the programme areas to monitor and observe progress of the project and also to provide micro level input to the relevant community networks
- Utilize the developed protocols, manuals, formats and tools etc for the effective implementation of the project
- Collect information, prepare monthly and event based report and send to DPC on time.
- Coordinate with Palika and ward offices for matching the grant to construct WASH facilities and different health buildings
- Document good practices of the programme, prepare success stories and share
- Maintain the records of meeting minute, financial transactions of field and submit to District chapter with proper supporting as guided by District Program Coordinator.
- Ensure that the cross cutting issues such as gender, DRR, Climate change adaptation, social inclusion are addressed and mainstreamed in all aspects of WASH and Health interventions
- Fulfill other assignments given by NRCS CEHP
Contract period for the position is one year with possibility of extension.
Women and candidates from disadvantaged/marginalized groups/communitiesare highly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates may submit their applications along with latest bio-data, together with a recent photo with details of two referees to [email protected] by August 17, 2018. Only short listed candidates will be called at Nepalgunj office for further selection process.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
The applicants are requested to carefully read the vacancy announcement and follow the requested process and submit necessary information as stated in the advertisement.
Original Source of Info: Jobsnepal.com (Please verify)