Oversight Officer- Country Coordination Mechanism (CCM) Nepal: Global Fund embarked on a Country Coordination Mechanism (CCM) evolution project and Nepal CCM is selected as a one of the Pilot Countries to implement CCM evolution project. One of the key characteristics of the evolution project is Improving CCM performance through implementing a set of activities in 4 areas which includes 1) reinforcing effective CCM functioning; 2) strengthening engagement of CCM constituencies (especially key populations and PLWD); 3) strengthening oversight; and 4) enhancing linkages with national systems. Under the direct supervision of the CCM Nepal Secretariat Coordinator, the Oversight Officer will provide complete support in running the oversight function of the CCM Nepal as anticipated in the CCM evolution project, particularly strengthening the oversight.
Position: Oversight officer for Country Coordination Mechanism (CCM) Nepal
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building to Principal Recipients (PRs)/ Sub Recipients (SRs) in preparation and presentation of oversight reports (based on PUDRs, Grant Management Dashboards, and/or other reporting tools);
- Provide support to the CCM for orienting and training of new CCM members and alternates on their oversight function;
- Support Oversight Committee in developing, costing and implementation of annual oversight plan. Furthermore, leverage technical expertise to update the CCM Oversight Plan as necessary to ensure its smooth implementation;
- Assist to develop procedures (including ToRs informed by all relevant stakeholders) and templates for issue-driven site visits, facilitate site visits and participate with visit teams;
- Document the results of the implementation of activities of the oversight cycle (i.e. data collection, analysis, provision of recommendations) and following up on actions decided by the CCM;
- Support the work of Oversight Committee to hold and maintain ongoing data-driven dialogue for grant performance purposes and ensure that appropriate linkages (e.g. agreements on communication and information sharing) and coordination among other partners in country are maintained;
- Support members of oversight committee in carrying out in-country Review and Dialogue on coverage of services for each of the three diseases (HIV, TB and Malaria), especially in coordination and collaboration with TWG of respective disease components in order to enhance efficiencies through alignment and harmonization of Global Fund supported intervention;
- Oversee timely and accurate updates of reporting tools (e.g. dashboards) and support (through thorough triangulation of information) the Oversight Committee presentations to the CCM and ensure that the most effective and efficient recommendations are made to anticipate and mitigate potential bottlenecks; and
- Ensure that credible and verified data from legitimate Community Based Monitoring is incorporated in the oversight assessments and reports and inform decisions accordingly.
- Master’s degree in public health or related field;
- At least 3 years of experience in Monitoring & Evaluation of projects/programs;
- Familiarity with basic epidemiologic indicators for HIV, TB and Malaria;
- Knowledge of the Global Fund CCM Policy and Oversight Guidelines is desirable;
- Knowledge and experience in project-level or state/national-level monitoring and evaluation system implementation;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Skill in using statistical software is desirable; and
- Demonstrated ability to collect, triangulate and analyse information from different data sources.
Candidates fulfilling the criteria mentioned above may apply with CV with statement of purpose by January 31, 2019 (by 17:00 hours) to the Email: [email protected] with position title in the subject line.
Note: This is a project specific position with the end Date December 31, 2019 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test and interview. AHF has been working as a Fiduciary Agency for this project and recruitment will be managed as per the HR policy of AHF Nepal Handbook.