Outreach Workers- Health Research and Social Development Forum (HERD): Health Research and Social Development Forum (HERD), in the capacity of Sub Recipient (SR), is supporting to implement the National TB Programme (NTP), funded by The Global Fund in partnership with Save the Children International and close coordination with National Tuberculosis Centre (NTC)
Health Research and Social Development Forum (HERD) is seeking experienced and dynamic Nepali citizens to support the program implementation especially Active Case Finding a strategy to be stationed in Kathmandu, Lalitpur, Bhaktapur, Kavrepalanchok, Dhading, Chitwan and Makwanpur districts for a short-term basis.
Position: OUTREACH WORKER – 15 (Total)
- Kathmandu- 3
SLC/SEE passed with CMA/ANM/Lab Assistant degree. Working experience for any period with National TB Program is desirable. Candidates should be healthy and willing to work with Slum/Internally Displaced People/ Refugees and other vulnerable population. The preference will be given to local district candidates.
Job Description of Outreach Worker
- Visit the Key Vulnerable Population camps such as Slum, IDP, Refugees and other high-risk population for Tuberculosis screening.
- Coordinate with Camp leaders/Volunteers for conducting TB screening on daily basis.
- Ensure the quality sputum samples were collected from all the presumptive TB cases on daily basis.
- Transport the Sputum Samples to nearby NTP Endorsed Laboratory for sputum Testing through Microscopy and GeneXpert.
- Ensure the testing of transported Sputum is prioritized for testing
- Ensure the Recording and Reporting of all screened, Sputum collected, Tested, diagnosed and treated cases in a standard format.
- Ensure the payment to concerned authority related to this activity after triangulation of records/reports.
- Report the data/update regularly too.
- Assist any other project related tasks for implementing the overall Project activities in the district as assigned by HERD District Program Coordinators/Officers.
Reporting to: Respective District Program Coordinators/Officers
Application Submission Deadline: 5 pm (NPT), September 25, 2018
HERD reserves the right to accept and reject applications. Candidates from disadvantaged communities, women and with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Outreach Workers- Health Research and Social Development Forum (HERD)