Opportunity !! Health Promotion and Behaviour Change Communication in Public Health, Sep 13-15, 2017
Many people lack appropriate health information. Even if they have this, it is not sufficient to change behaviour for positive health outcome. Behaviour change is the key for health promotion because many health problems arise due to behaviour at individual or community level such as smoking, drinking,utilising health services, community mobilisation etc.
That is why effective strategies, approaches and tools need to be utilised in changing behaviour to achieve the goals of national and local health programs.
This workshop seeks to equip participants with main theories and tools utilised for behaviour change including designing messages, interpersonal communication, advocacy and media engagement. This workshop is intended for any public health workers of both governmental and non-governmental
organisations, who involves in designing and managing behaviour change initiatives, especially those responsible for disseminating health awareness, education and promotion activities.
- To discuss different strategies of health promotion
- To understand different theories of behaviour change and their application
- To develop effective IEC and BCC messages
- To utilise participatory and community mobilisation techniques for behaviour change
- The concept and strategies of health promotion
- Theories of behaviour change communication and their application
- Developing IEC and BCC messages: Process of Behaviour Change, Communication
- Communities and communication: mass mobilisation, mass media, participation, empowerment
- NPR 6000 but only 4000 for students (current student ID required); stationery, course kit, tea/snack and lunch is included;
- A certificate will be provided.
How to apply?
Please fill up the registration form below and email the scan copy of the registration form (together with copy of student ID if applicable) to the course co-ordinator by Sep 6, 2017.
Selected participants will be informed and required to pay the course fee (non-refundable) by bank deposit in favour of “BP Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan” in one of the following Bank Account:
Standard Chartered Bank, Nepal Ltd.: A/C No. 01-0256021-01
NIC Asia Bank Ltd: A/C No. 12CL014805NPR001
Rastriya Banijya Bank: A/C No. 216000107001
Please email the scan copy of the voucher to the course-coordinator for confirmation.
Course venue: School of Public Health and Community Medicine, BPKIHS; 9am to 5 pm.
Karkee, MSc, MIH,PhD
525555 ext- 2085