New Vaccines and Immunization Program Support Officer- WHO Nepal
Vacancy Requisition No. NEP/IPD/SSA/2018/05
Title: New Vaccines and Immunization Program Support Officer
Contract Type: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Duty Station: WHO-IPD CENTRAL OFFICE
Unit/Office: Programme for Immunization Preventable Diseases (IPD)
Application Deadline: 08 August 2018
Duration of Contract: One Year
Salary: Approx. NPR 190,000.00 per month (Lump Sum taxable)
The World Health Organization (WHO), Nepal invites applications from Nepalese citizens for the position of New Vaccines and Immunization Program Support Officer. Under overall guidance of Team Lead – IPD and direct supervision of Immunization Cluster Lead – IPD, the incumbent will perform the following duties to achieve the expected results set out in the Immunization Preventable Disease (IPD) work plan.
- Support Immunization Cluster lead to coordinate with Gavi and conduct Gavi related work:
a. Develop applications to Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance, for new vaccine introductions.
b. Develop yearly vaccine renewal requests to Gavi, grant performance framework reporting, vaccine stock reporting and other submissions, through Gavi online Portal. Conduct and develop yearly Joint Appraisals to submit to Gavi.
c. Give technical support to the Government and partners in Gavi related work and processes including new vaccine introduction and implementation, health-system strengthening, and annual work plan and budget development for immunization.
d. Provide technical support for Gavi support-specific deliverables and requirements.
e. Develop and implement Gavi supported Targeted Country Assistance (TCA) activities. Effectively report on mid-year and end-year milestones to Gavi on TCA activities.
- Support Immunization Cluster Lead in providing technical support to all advisory and program related technical committees.
- Support sentinel surveillance of vaccine preventable diseases
a. Provide technical and programmatic support to rotavirus and Invasive Bacterial Diseases (IBD) sentinel surveillance sites to effectively carry out surveillance at respective surveillance sites.
b. Review technical reports and quality of sentinel surveillance. Conduct periodic review meetings of rotavirus and IBD sentinel surveillance in Nepal. c. Support the sites to conduct post rotavirus vaccine introduction impact studies.
- Provide other immunization program support
a. Support routine and supplementary immunization of the National Immunization Program of Nepal.
b. Provide technical support to conduct readiness assessment before new vaccine introductions and to conduct post introduction evaluations (PIE) following vaccine introductions. c. Develop and maintain close working relationship with relevant Government, partners, and hospital staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Essential: Graduate degree in allopathic (Western) medicine from a recognized college or university.
- Desirable: Masters or postgraduate qualification in one or more of the following: paediatric, immunology, Public Health, epidemiology, health policy or related field.
- Essential: At least two years’ experience in Public Health or related work.
- Desirable: Experience of working in WHO/UN or in the NGO/INGO sector would be an asset.
Demonstrated experience in immunization policy and programme, new vaccine introduction and Gavi related programmes and processes would be considered an asset.
- Communicating in a credible and effective Way
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
- Technical expertise
- Building and promoting partnership across the organization and beyond.
Language: Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English, and Nepali
Other Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Internet, standard data analysis and good writing and verbal communication skills would be important considerations.
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimum supervision. Good interpersonal skills, able to work as a team member in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to participate actively and cooperatively in knowledge sharing and policy forums at various levels and also to coordinate with the Government agencies. Good knowledge in vaccine, immunization and surveillance sector.
- Very good analytical skills including ability to collect and analyze technical data and information and to draw and present conclusions in written and spoken form.
- Very good writing skills in English, including ability to write clear and concise progress reports, analytical reports, plans and proposals.
Interested candidates meeting above requirements should submit applications to WHO Representative to Nepal with CV in WHO or UN Personal History Form (PHF). The personal history form and other details can be downloaded from website: http://www.searo.who.int/nepal/mediacentre/vacancy/en/.
Only Electronic applications would be entertained and should be sent by email to [email protected], mentioning vacancy notice number in the subject line. Applications should be sent in not later than date indicated above.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted for test/interview etc.Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply – Candidates should be ready to produce all testimonials and certificates in original. – Any misrepresentation of facts would disqualify the candidate. No telephone enquiries or paper applications please.
“WHO is committed to workforce diversity” WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
Official Info: WHO NEPAL & THT (July 25, 2018)